Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Xavier's pub is down the town where the Burlington hill is found. They call this part of Burlington hill as Night Avenue since it is where most pubs are located. Bree and I got into Elliot's pick up truck. Inside stays Bree, Francois, and I. Elliot drives while Etienne, Sebastian and Hell stays at the back enjoying the wind.

"Have you ever tried riding at the back of a pick up truck?" Francois asked from the front seat.

"No, not even once." I said.

"You should try it sometime. It feels good to have the wind kissing your cheeks." He said, his French accent blending in with the British atmosphere.

"Maybe. The last time I felt that kind of feeling was the first time I tried that kick ass zip line when I was at summer camp." I said.

Back in sophomore year, I attended this summer camp where all these strenuous yet exciting activities are found. Right then, I felt like I was flying.

"It feels nice. Really," Elliot said.

"Frances will try that later, isn't that right?" Bree asked me.

"Sure. But I can't wait to load alcohol in my system for now."

"Who says you're having alcohol?" Francois asked, smirking at me.

I looked around and shrugged. "I did?"

Elliot laughed from the the driver's side. "Xavier's pub strictly complies with the rules. And since there will be a lot of teenagers in their pub, his parents didn't serve beers for tonight."

My jaw dropped in surprise. Here I was, thinking I might get drunk tonight. It really sucks being young. I can't wait to be eighteen this coming October.

"Bummer, you know what, I can get drunk with cool - aid." I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

~~*~~

And here I am, drunk with cool - aid. The sugar level I got from all those cups of cool - aid I drank is just enough to send me squirming like a worm in the dance floor. I don't know how many guys I had danced with. I don't how many truth or dares I have done. I don't know how many times I had humiliated myself. It seems like I'm the one with ADHD.

Francois said that there are no alcoholic beverages. That liar. They are all drinking cups of it. This party is promoting discrimination among the diversity of humans. I'm the only girl who is not allowed to get any beer. I had tried so many times sneaking some but it seems like the boys had installed a bug spy on me. I swear, if they aren't my friends, I might possibly think they're too possessive.

Bree is dancing with Xavier. The rest of the boys scatter around the pub. I looked around trying to look for them. Thank goodness they're out of sight. Now I can finally get my beer.

I tiptoed towards the bar. The muscular bartender smiled at me.

"Beer, right?" He asked.

"Yes, please. My friends are being total pusses for not letting me have some." I pouted.

"I might loose my job if I give you one. But you've been trying to get one. Here, miss." He handed me the cup of whatever drink is this. I think it's a martini.

"Rebel," The annoying Euan said, appearing by my side with a cup of his own drink.

"Go to hell." I said, before taking a sip of my drink.

"I think the devil won't appreciate me down there." He said.

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "Oh, right. It's because you're worse than him."