4: The Second of Many

George walked up the steps of the school, backpack hanging from one shoulder.

A sigh passed his lips in a cloud of soft, warm fog. His eyes staring down, avoiding eye contact with everyone. He only looked up when he got to his locker and started unlocking it. '11... 33...1-' George felt a hand hit his back, causing him to flinch and input the wrong number.

"Hey George!" His friend chuckled.

"Hey Alex." George sighed.

"Did you see the fight yesterday? It was crazy!" Alex called, rather obnoxious.

George cracked a grin, "Yeah. Did you get a video?"

Alex shook his head, frowning. "Nope, unfortunately. Callahan might have a video." Alex shrugged.

George groaned as he opened his locker and grabbed some pencils and what not. He never really put anything in his locker. Alex started to ramble at a certain point, to which George tuned out.

After a while the first bell rang. "I gotta run! See you later George!" Alex called running off, giving a goofy smile before he slammed into some girl, who after cursed him out as he put his beanie back on.

George chuckled and shut his locker.

-

The rest of his day went on exactly how he knew it would.

He slowly counted down the minutes until the final bell rang.

He got up and left.

He did his homework and finished it surprisingly quick.

He had 20 minutes before he had to meet up with Clay at the playground they originally met at the night before.

He tossed his shoes on and left, saying goodbye to his parents as he walked out the front door.

He slowly made his way down the road, letting his thoughts run wild.

'I can't wait to see Clay...'

'I wonder what he's been up to.'

George walked up to the blond and saw him fidgeting with the velcro on his gloves. "Hey Clay!" George waved.

Clay looked at George excitedly. "You're here!"

"Of course I am! Why wouldn't I be?" George smiled softly.

Clay helped George up onto the platform. "I honestly wasn't expecting you to come back today. Considering I'm just some strange kid dressed in green and black." Clay shrugged, smiling weakly.

"You were nice yesterday. Plus you seem pretty cool." George chuckled awkwardly.

Clay gave a soft scoff. "That so?" he muttered to himself.

George nodded. "Mhm."

Clay looked up and forced a bigger smile. "So- what have you been up to?". George shrugged, "About the same as yesterday, until now that is! What about you?"

Clay rubbed his arm nervously. "Same. Except my little sister decided to poke Patches in the eye while she was asleep." he huffed.

"What was Patches reaction?" George asked, chuckling slightly. "I don't know, she's a cat. Probably disdain for it. I mean- how'd you feel if you were asleep and got poked in the eye with something?"

"I'd be upset." George hummed. "Same." Clay grinned.

The two boys sat there, talking to each other like there wasn't anything else in the world. They joked around even after the street lights turned on. George never noticed his phone going off, granted he had his phone on 'do not disturb'. Eventually George had started getting tired and decided to go home. "Same time tomorrow?" Clay asked.

"Sure!" he smiled warmly, jumping down. He fell to his knees. Clay's eyes shot wide, "Are you okay?". "I'm good!" George chuckled, standing up and dusting some of the dirt off of his pants. 

They bid farewell to each other and George left. 

Once George got home, he went to his room and wrote an entry before going to sleep.