13: There. Again.

George woke up in a cloudy, foggy world. His senses were numb to everything except one thing.

A familiar person approached him, tilting his head up, and connecting their lips in fiery passion. George felt an arm snake its way around his waist. He pulled away for a brief moment to look into the warm, loving green eyes.

"Dream."

-

George sat up, gasping slightly and looked around his room. "What... was that?"

George checked the time on his phone.

6:31 AM
October 12, 2021

He looked out of his window, pushing the curtain aside. He stared out to the small drifts of snow, the small white crystals melting as they hit the ground.

George sighed and got up, stretching most of the exhaustion his now aching limbs. Quiet groaning escaped the brunet as various joints popped and cracked. He soon flopped back onto the soft warmth and familiarity of his bed.

All he wanted was to have Dream next to him at that moment, held by the blond's protective grip.

And suddenly George's bed felt ice cold and foreign to him.

George quickly stood up and backed away from his bed.

It's love.

There. Again. That stupid text that has plagued his thoughts since he first read it.

George wanted nothing more than to have never told Quackity about what was on his mind. If he hadn't said what was on his mind, Quackity would never have sent that text or even typed it. And what can't have been sent can't infect his mind and every though of Dream and himself.

George couldn't stand it as he sat down on the floor of his bedroom. The walls feeling like a prison that was closing in. He brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them, pulling himself closer. Choked sobs escaped him. He needed to hear the one escape he had.

It's love.

It's love.

It's love.

George's cries went from quiet sobs to loud crying.

George's cracked phone rang, seemingly on some cue. He reluctantly picked it up from his desk and saw who was calling.

Dream.

 George quickly answered. "Dream!" George cried.

Dream's greeting had gone mostly unheard but his tone changed drastically, dropping from a loud good morning into a soft reassuring voice.

"George. Listen. Listen to me. Calm down. What's going on?"

"Dream please! I-I-" George trailed off, wailing.

"George please. Take a deep breathe." Dream coaxed.

George tried to take a deep breathe in but ultimately failed, breaking into loud sobs once more.

"George. Do it with me. You got this, come on." Dream tried. The blond audibly took a deep breathe in. George took a shaky deep breath in.

Dream breathed out and George followed. In and out. In and out.

In and out. In and out.

In and out.

George finally gathered his composure and spoke. "When am I able to come over?" George's voice was barely audible.

"Anytime works." Dream's voice was similar in tone.

"I'll be over soon. Text me your address."

"Alright. I'll see you when you get here, George." Dream said, his voice just above a whisper.