14: Placement

George had gone over to Dream's that day. The two had done various things like watch movies and cartoons, play video games, and any other things they could think of.

Currently they were playing minecraft, Dream on his own computer, George on the family computer. Dream was building who knows what on the world they'd made while George was remerging from a strip mine he dug.

George angled his characters head to look at Dream's character, who was standing on a wall made of 3 different wood planks and some cobblestone. "Dream what are you trying to build?"

"A house." Dream said after a moment. George stared at what was supposed to be a house. "That... is an interesting looking house..." George hummed, chuckling softly. 

"I'm trying my best. I'm better a PvP and parkour... not so much building. I used to build on a server that my friend runs but it's been a few years." Dream commented softly.

"Can you help me?" Dream asked, looking at George from across the room.

George laughed, "No."

"What? Why not?" Dream can't help but laugh. "I'm busy mining, I only came up to clear my inventory and make a few more pickaxes."

"You ass. Help me please!" Dream spun around in his chair, jokingly whining

"Nah I'm good." George giggled.

The giggle tugged at Dream's heart. It was so fucking cute. Dream knew a rough point with who he was. He knows his feelings. He knows he loves George. He knows this and isn't mad that he loves George. But he knew his placement in the friendship. He was the protective friend. The caring friend. The one who was always there when he was needed. He knew his place here, and hated it.

So why was he mad about that specifically?

He'd do anything to know. All he knows is he loves George but George doesn't feel the same. But some things they've done puts that on the line in Dream's mind. The way George had rested against him the night before. The way George was still wearing his hoodie, clearly having worn it all night. The way George had pulled him back into a kiss yesterday. But it made no sense to Dream. If George didn't love him, why did so many things say otherwise? Why did so many small details scream that George loved him?

The way George had blushed, ever so slightly, when Dream grabbed his hand.

The way George giggled when Dream said something stupid.

Events played in Dream's mind before eventually getting sidetracked about birds. Why birds? No fucking clue.

Dream's character dying pulled him out of his thoughts and he flipped back around to face the brunet that sat just a few feet away, giggling to himself, then to the screen once more. 

Dream was slain by Georgenotfound.

"George!" Dream groaned, running back and picking up the scattered items off the ground. George's giggling just got louder and soon became a loud laughing fit. Dream couldn't help but feel the amusement and affection fill him.

"You're so mean to me George." Dream toyed, hitting George's player.

"Hey! What did I do to you?" George pouted, trying to act mad as his character was punched around.

"You killed me! What do you mean?" Dream laughed out, mind still foggy from his thoughts before.