Chapter 28

Warning: chapter contains extreme violence, strong language, uncomftorable, disturbing topics, gore, blood, and death.

You've been warned...

You politely wave at the women. The three of you received a few waves, cheers, and nods. You can also sense the glares Luke and Leon were getting from the new clan members who didn't recognize them. You couldn't help but snicker at the men.

Adria and Luciana walk ahead and open the doors to Elizabeth's private office, away from the clan members. The three of you and Elizabeth walk in the office. The tall women shut the doors.

"Its been a while since any of you pay me a damn visit." The old woman glared. Luke remained unbothered while you and Leon chuckle nervously. "How's Mickey?" Elizabeth asks, sitting on her chair.

Adria immediately noticed the wound on your ankle. She grabs the first aid kit in the office, cleaning and wrapping the wound. You thanked the woman multiple times.

"He's been helping around the clan a lot-" Elizabeth interupted him. "What is he doing at the death doll clan? Doesn't he have an ice cream business to run?" She questions.

"Well, Nana's been absent for quite some time. I was assigned to take over as the boss of the clan but I refused the offer. It's too big and too much of a responsibility so Mickey has been helping around a lot. We're just waiting until the old hag decides to show up. If Nana doesn't show up, we'll have to find someone new. Oh, and Mickey continues to run his ice cream shop." Luke explained.

Both you and Elizabeth look at Luke with a confused look. "Absent?" The two of you say in unison. 'Something is definitely wrong. The old hag loves the money the clan makes.' You paused your thoughts. 'Unless she ran off with a man who makes billions.'

"How long has that woman been absent?" Elizabeth asks, crossing her arms. "The day of the clan event." Luke answered. You and Leon remain silent. "I see...There must be an explanation. It's not normal of her to suddenly vanish." She pointed out.

'They were both last seen on the same day? Did something happen between them?' Your mind filled with all these questions. "Now, what brings the three of you here?" Elizabeth questions, getting straight to the point. "About that. We decided to pay a visit here to ask if you've seen granny around." You explain the reason of your unexpected arrival.

"No dear. It's been a while since she last passed by here. I haven't heard from Muriel in weeks." She sighed sadly. "In weeks?" You repeated. She nods, looking over at the terrarium where her pet black widow was. "I'm not going to discuss what our conversation was about but we got into an argument. She left and never came back. Of course I'm worried but I didn't want to show my weakness." She said sadly.

Luke curses to himself. "None of the women here haven't reported ever seeing her around." Elizabeth added to the conversation. You sigh. 'Nothing helpful at all.' You groan in annoyance.

"I'll have the ladies here do a search around Scarlet so leave all the work to us." She demanded. Before you, Luke and Leon offer to help, she immediately spoke before any of you can.

"The three of you will continue to work in your clans. We will handle it from here alright? I don't want any of you three putting yourselves in danger or any trouble." Elizabeth strictly demanded.