Chapter 19

Warning: sensitive topics, dark themes, strong language, and violence.

You've been warned...

'Martinez?!' You thought.

"It was nice meeting you Y/N." He said as he walks towards the car that was waiting for him. He gets in and the car drives off. You sigh in relief. You look down and examine the water bottle. 'Fuck it...' You remove the cap from the bottle. Just as you were about to drink the water, it was slapped away from your hand.

"Did you not think twice before trying to drink it?" Donovan asks, his voice laced with anger and concern. "No, I just didn't care at the moment." You say leaning on the wall for support. "Just take me home hun..." You say.

He only nods. As you try to walk on your own, Donovan unexpectedly lifts you up in his arms, carrying you bridal style. You didn't even bother struggling. Your vision began blurring by the second. Just like that, you were out.

Donovan took notice of how pale your face looked. He's never seen your frightened expression before. He couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Is she alright?" James asked, his voice laced with concern. Donovan shakes his head. "I'm not sure what happened. Whatever it was, it caused her to faint..." Donovan frowned.

"She doesn't look too good Don." Lorenzo said worried. Angel pulls up with the car. "Hurry, get in." The rest nod, ignoring the fact that Angel was covered in blood. Angel then sped off.

"It was best if we'd just stayed at your place Don." Angel said, not taking his eyes off the road. "She said it herself, she doesn't like rich people so there must be a reason. I believe she must have had a PTSD episode." He continued.

"It's just my personal opinion." He said. "Do you not know about her past?" Lorenzo asked. Donovan sighed. "No, I don't. I've never asked her about it. I've looked through her background information and it says nothing about her past." Donovan said, holding you closer.

"Just think about it. She looked uncomfortable the whole time we were being seated and looking through the menu's. She gripped the menu, making her knuckles go white. Not to mention she was constantly trembling with fear. Her face and body language said it all." Angel explained.

"Don't worry Don, we'll find out what's wrong." Lorenzo said. Donovan nods, holding your hand tightly.
.............................................................

"Y/N is not answering my calls." Luke said frustrated. "She's not answering my calls either...That man must have blocked our numbers." Muriel glares. "Its useless..." She sighs. "That bastard!" Luke yelled, slamming his phone on the kitchen counter.

"I've tried calling Lauren but she wouldn't answer either." Muriel said worried. "I haven't heard anything about the boss either. I've asked other members from the clan." "What did they say?" Muriel interupted. "Nothing. They haven't seen or heard from her since the event." Luke sighs.

"Hmm, it can't be possible..."Muriel mumbled. "What?" Luke questioned. "We're close to Y/N. Even if Lauren and Y/N didn't like each other, they were still close due to work. Donovan tried to get rid of me and tried getting rid you. If it wasn't for Y/N saving your ass, you would be dead." Muriel explained making Luke glare. "Get to the point wrinkles..." Luke said clearly annoyed.