32† Talking Paintings

Eden stared for a moment into the Pope's eyes of the painting and bared her teeth before Abel snuck his arm under hers. Abel pulled Eden into him to break her gaze at the painting, almost forming a hug around her before shoving at his gut. "What's on your mind?" The shifting of her body, Felix finally took notice of the necklace around Eden's neck. He recognized it as the missing one he had just spoken to the Pope not too long ago in the morning. Felix prayed it was a replica, but what were the odds for the same rosary to go missing as the woman in the paintings was wearing.

There wasn't time for Eden to answer as she moved down to the next painting with Pope Benedict IX and what was left of his living family. Next to him stood Mother Maria with her hands delicately in front of her, the necklace placed in front of her chest, exactly the one that Eden wore at this very moment. Eden stepped closer moving the red ropes aside and looked closer to the painting's signature. She moved to the previous one then back to the last one. "The signature is different on this one compared to the last several paintings. And wrong. It's the wrong painting altogether."

Felix stared wide eyed as if being accused of something horrendous. "Ma'am! You can't get that close to these paintings. They are too old!" Julia guided some guards towards the few people as some others blocked off the larger group. Her gut feeling making her feel even more uneasy around Eden.

The guards stood ready as Felix spoke but Abel spoke sternly to Eden, "What are you saying? What's wrong?" Abel reached out towards Eden only to be startled at her red eyes. "Eden, tell me. You know you can always talk to me."

Eden's mouth opened a bit completely unsure of what to exactly say or if they would even believe an outcast as her. She pulled away from Abel and looked at Felix only for a second. That one second he was sure that her eyes were from hell itself. She took no time or another thought before pulling the painting down from the wall. The museum workers jumped at Eden ready to apprehend her. Before anyone got the chance to grab a hold of her she let out a scream in a sad and angry tone. "Don't touch me!" In the midst of her scream everyone around her blasted backwards. Felix into a few guards while the others scattered around. Abel pulled Esther into his arms making sure to keep her safe as he planted his feet into the ground holding them as still as possible. Eden traced the painting with her fingers. Feeling the picture she closed her eyes tracing the front of Maria. She felt the indentation of the presence of paint beneath the current picture. Within seconds, the frame did not stand a chance against Eden as she pulled the frame's corners apart and started to peel the corner of the painting.

Felix let out a stammered yell, "Ah! M-Miss! Please don't ruin that antique and priceless artifact of history! It is over two thousand years old!" The others struggled to stand up, some in pain from hitting benches, others just from how they landed. Julia's group all braced for anything to hit them as they watched horrified by what was happening.

"You're right. It is priceless... You all have believed in this piece of garbage for so long! Listening to words others write. Stories of angry losers. You're so stuck in your hippocratic ways you forget people had lives to live, not just a face on a wall. You tell stories of each picture by how you interpret it, not by the facts of what actually happened..."

"Eden!" Abel was quick to his feet, while on his way to Eden, she looked up with blood soaked tears in her eyes. "What are you doing? If you're angry or need closure we can talk about this in a more civil war. Destroying evidence of him or whatever you're doing won't stop the pain you're in I know! Believe me, sister. I've been there, and I don't want to have you get lost in there anymore. I'm here to help you." Abel moved closer to Eden as she continued to carefully pull the lining of the picture apart, almost pulling paint directly from the canvas. Her eyes were focused and her body was more calm than Abel thought she was currently, "Eden? What is it?"