9† Demons Within

Nothing was spoken between anyone in the next few moments. Father Abel's mind raced at why he remembered those words so well. A second language to him, deep within his core that itched a part of his mind confusing him moreso. As Abel paced along the room, William watched the woman's eyes seem to follow him, and only him. "Abel, I think this woman either wants to speak with you, or really likes you..."

Mary sat, continuously mouthing out the words she thought she saw the woman try to make at her. Over and over she kept trying to figure it out. Finally she looked up, "I think I know what she said!" Mary turned to Tres and William, "I think she said something like 'I know what happened to Lilly' or maybe 'Lilith' even." Mary mouthed the words over and over, this time, Abel stared at her, his eyes wide and almost in shock.

"What? Are you sure? You really think that's what she said? Mary, tell me, did she say 'Lilith?'" He gripped her shoulders hard enough for Mary to wince slightly before Abel burst out of the room and into the celled room with the woman before anyone could even try stopping him, or ask questions about his urgency. He held his badge up into the second doorway hatch and waited to see a green light before he entered the room. He walked in hastily, but stayed on the side with metal bars made specifically to keep vampires from even breaking them. He watched as she followed him around the room, this time her whole head turning and not just her eyes. "What did you do to Sister Mary? She said you told her something. Is this true? What did you say to her? And why do I know the poem you spoke? Why do you keep watching me but you somehow called me down here?"

Everyone watched the two of them in the room diligently, listening to every word possibly spoken. The woman perked up and smiled speaking in a soothing tone, "'And the desert creatures shall meet with the wolves. The hairy goat also shall cry to its kind. Yes, Lilith shall settle there and shall find herself a resting place.'" Abel stared at the woman as she slowly stood up, her hair following like black silk around her body. She walked to him gracefully, one foot directly in front of the other, and started to speak again, "'Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?' The watchman says, 'Morning comes but also the night. If you would pry, then pry. Return! Come!'" The woman giggled a bit walking closer to Abel with her hand outstretched motioning for him to come closer, her long hair dragging across the floor as if it were now a dress as it circled around her. Each strand almost alive on its own. She glanced behind him to the window then back to him while grasping the bars in front of her to pull herself closer to Abel, her toes barely touching the ground as she lifted herself up. She leaned her forehead to the bars looking directly at him. Her eyes shining around the darkness of her pupils.

Abel nearly quoted the passages with her, "Why do you quote the Holy Word?"

The woman cocked her head to the side and held onto the metal bars higher up, pulling herself off her toes to see him with a looking downwards view, "Tell me why are you Nightroad? Demons dare not speak the word of the Almighty, yet you speak it as well. If you ask me, then you should ask yourself as well." She spoke in a mocking tone, nothing serious at all.

Abel took a step back not trusting the woman but narrowing his eyes on her, "What are you? You're not pinging as a vampire hostile as I would notice most murderers like you to be."

"Did you know the name 'Lilith' derives from the Latin and old Hebrew meaning 'Nightling' or even 'Night Creature?' Sounds kinda silly. Right, Nightroad?"

Abel grew angrier and clenched his fists, "What is all this talk about Lilith? Why haven't you answered any of the other members' questions beforehand?" He threw his hands out to his sides angrily as his eyes stayed focused on hers, "I'd say if you wanted an easier sentence you should cooperate, but it is likely you will have the death sentence after killing all of those innocent Priests."