5† Second Meeting

Tres stayed watching Mary this time waiting for any similar sign that she would start choking in her sleep again, losing oxygen and possibly dying so it wouldn't happen again. This time nothing bad did occur, and the sun finished rising, setting the morning into a warm happy environment. As the train halted, Monica tapped Mary's shoulder, "Sister? Sister Mary? We are here..."

Stirring, she rubbed the sleep from her eyes and nodded sitting up, "Already?"

Monica stood up straight and sighed in relief, "You slept a long while after that night terror." She looked out the window as Mary stood up and headed to the window in the first place. "Beautiful isn't it?"

Mary smiled at the view then turned to Monica, "I've never seen anything like it!"

Tres carried the luggage out while Monica and Mary followed him out of the train and down the streets. Mary's eyes lit up as she took in everything she possibly could. "I haven't seen much outside of my home. It's a lot busier here!"

Monica walked backwards and eyed Mary, "I'm sure once you put in your report I can see if you'll be allowed to get a tour of the place."

"I would like that!" She smiled gracious to the two of them and watched Tres walk up to the main gates. The two guard stepped in front of their way and watched us three carefully.

"We need to speak to the Cardinal immediately. Regarding the latest Murder case. Tres Iqus, Codename Gunslinger."

Monica walked up to the guard and handed her pass to the men. "Can this hurry up? We should be in there talking to Sforza already."

Mary stared confused for a bit but was surprised they made it through regardless. She smiled at the artwork and details of the building. "Who is this Cardinal? You said Sforza, so it is Caterina? If I remember right I suppose as well."

Tres spoke while making sure to make their way into the Vatican, "Cardinal Caterina Sforza is in charge of the AX group in which you see we are apart of." He stopped and handed Monica her bag. "I will be needing to bring this rose to be searched. You two can continue to the Cardinal's office."

Mary eyed the two and couldn't help but to start worrying as they all walked through the Vatican purposely in a hurry. Tres walked off in a different direction half way through their trek. Mary looked around to the others walking around her, some were visitors and tourists while others were guides or even teachers with children's classes. The halls were busy with smiles and camera flashes, but before Mary realized it, they were down another hallway with near to no one walking around. People became more scarce and the doors grew larger with far more locked technology than seemingly possible.

Monica sent out a snicker as they approached a man around the corner leaning against a large set of double doors. He held his arms crossed and his head low. After hearing their footsteps the man looked up towards the sound, "Seems you've been kicked out?" Monica eyed the man curiously as she stood next to him. She placed a hand on her hip and smirked, "Or did you know we were on our way?"

The man straightened himself slightly turning to the women. His long dark hair matched his eyes and the bit of facial hair that was kept nicely. His eyes shifted to Mary, "Who's this?"

Monica opened her mouth, but before she could say a word Mary answered him, "I'm Sister Mary Angelina."

Vaclav stood up straighter and placed a hand over his heart to bow slightly, "Sister, my apologies."

Monica sighed as if she were bored, "We don't have all day. We need to get in and talk to Caterina. Now can we go in?"

Vaclav shook his head and spoke softly, "Lady Sforza is in a meeting with his Holiness. I'm not sure when she will be back. I'm here watching her room for when or even if we get news on the attacks. I am supposed to head to her right away if we find anything new."