28† Honor Her For All

"Hey, it's a message from Brother Petros." A man in the Inquisition armor held out a paper note to the others. "He answered us finally."

"Well? What does he think we should do? This woman just won't respond to any of our tortures or questions." A few men chuckled but some stood watching Eden.

She was chained against a steel block holding three feet thick. Her shackles stood firm, welded within the metal at her feet just around her ankles. At times, Eden would just stare downwards, seeing her feet stand only three inches apart from each other, not giving her any room to do much of anything. Her arms were the only loose restraints. Eden could move her arms around more but only if the men had changed the angle at which the chains were pulled at. For the majority of the time, Eden hung with her arms above her head, unable to rest as easily if they were at her sides or outstretched. There was a hole in the back showcasing her skin and scars in hopes she would transform and they could mutilate her wings as well as her body and mind. Within the hole, the men would walk around her, noticing the scars along her body and snicker believing that the Lord had sent her for more punishment because she yet has not paid for her sins. Her stretched scarred skin on her back was sensitive as she grew older, but now she has grown accustomed to ignoring the pain.

Eden's once porcelain skin was beginning to turn a burgundy wine if not purple in shapes of fingers and or fists. She knew they had broken several bones in her body, and they were amused at how the next day she would be ready for them to break the same ones again. The first punch she received was gifted by Petros himself. She felt his anger when he broke her jaw. His fury when he broke her ribs. But she saw the frustration in his eyes when she lifted her head up to meet his gaze, a smile and sharp teeth as she insulted his strength. His hostility increased towards her as the next hour he spent delivering punch after punch waiting for her to stop smiling at him. His hands shook uncontrollably as Petros continued to come back just to take his frustrations out on her restricted body. He only left when the Pope was in need of him or he had other things to deal with. Eden got into his head enough times to know that he was punishing himself for letting the Pope become so close to death.

He never cut her skin, just bruised her. That would be the other men under him. Some came in to whip her body until she didn't have enough strength in her body to react to the pain. Some men would experiment with different metals, desperately trying to find out which caused more pain than the last. They feared she had no weakness and they truly wouldn't be able to break her. A few days in, Eden would regard every man by their name, even if she couldn't see their face. She asked personal questions only they or their closest family would've known. She was the one inside their heads torturing them. Petros would come in asking if she knew what he was going to do to her every time they met. He strangely liked when she told him, as if it made her seem like she was on edge waiting for when the first strike would be. He hoped that she would stress herself by the anticipation of it. When Eden stopped regarding the men by their name and seemed more confused, Petros tried to pull answers out of her more. She would still giggle and pull games with him, but he could see she had nothing to lose about her answers. That was until Petros asked who Mary was to her.

Eden's refusal to answer made him know that Mary was someone of great importance. Every muscle tensed whenever he spoke her name. Enough so that Eden had to be restricted more movement as she became increasingly violent towards her attackers. The look in her eyes, shifting to either eye of Petros in search for an answer led him to believe she was too weak to continue invading their minds and he used it to his advantage.

Dried blood stained the metal and the floor around her body. Not to mention the trails of blood from the men's footsteps around the room. They dared not clean it up, for it was the small trophy they had earned as they walked away. Eden always teased the members with a sadistic smile on her face every time they started a conversation with her, occasionally she would eye some of the men and lick her lips teasingly. Some would snarl back in her face with a slap, others would leave the room promptly. Occasionally a man's eyes would linger on her full female figure, to which she looked up with her big doe eyes almost pleadingly. When anyone came back in after her softness, she quickly retorted with a blood mixed spit into their faces and began laughing at them. She taunted them for every move they made big or small.