We Need U

(Nick's POV) (30 minutes later)

Frankie had passed on the couch a few minutes ago, finally not throwing up anymore and now lays her head down at one end of the couch. Nick sits on the other end and had just ended a call with Madison on the landline about the supplies she had managed to find in the school. She found Frankie's meds, plus some oxy to take the edge off for Nick and prevent possible seizures. He lays his head on the back of the couch, almost falling asleep when Alicia walks in the room with a warm bowl of soup. She sets it on the table in front of him.

"Here." She says as the glass bowl makes a small clunk against the wood. Nick sits upright and shakes his head.

"I can't do hot stuff." He tells her.

"I'll make something else next time then." She replies while rolling her eyes and walking away from the couch. She grabs a backpack hanging up on a hook against the wall.

"Yeah, well it's gonna end up in the bucket." Nick gestures to the recently rinsed out plastic bucket Frankie had thrown up in. Alicia sighs and grabs a water bottle. She sets the bottle on the table and immediately walks away again. She throws the backpack on as she moves. Nick instantly rejects it. "I'm not thirsty. Water is not what I need." He references the oxy Madison is out to get.

"Yeah I know what you need, Nick." She says passive aggressively, tired of Nick's crippling addiction. It has been going on since he was fourteen. She sits down on the bench in front of the living room window close by. "Mom's working on it." She reminds him. Some of the neighbors across the street run around vehicle to vehicle, most likely trying to grab as many supplies as possible. Once Alicia gets an idea of what the chaos is like out there, she stands back up and heads to the front door.

"Woah, woah, where are you going?" Nick's eyes widen, starting to panic. "Hey Alicia, no, no, no, no." He tells her fast.

"I'll be fast." Alicia calls out behind her, brushing his refusal off. He starts to freak out. Alicia wants to go back to her boyfriend, but her boyfriend is bitten. He'll turn. Possibly eat her alive. Nick knows what the infected are capable of.

"You can't go back there!" He yells. He shoots straight up off the couch, and attempts to walk after her. He realizes that withdrawal symptoms are too strong and he loses balance, falling to the floor. Nick puts one of his hands out reaching in the direction of Alicia. "You promised mom, Alicia." Nick then starts to try and get onto his feet again. Alicia comes walking back furious.

"You make promises all the time! Nick lay down!" Alicia raises her voice at him, yelling awfully loud. Alicia remembers all the times Nick promised to get clean, all times unsuccessful. Frankie wakes up from the noise. She can guess what the situation is, since she partially heard it while waking up. Frankie tries to bolt up off the couch, forgetting her unsteadiness at the moment, and immediately falls back on it.

"I'm an asshole. I'm an asshole. I'm an asshole." Nick agrees with her, trying to persuade the best he can from the floor. He tries begging. "Alicia please, if you leave you won't come back. Please. It's not safe." Nick lays back onto the floor.

"You let Mom go." Alicia shrugs, wondering why he's being so dramatic.

"No, Matt, Matt is not safe." He clarifies. Alicia starts walking back to the front door rolling her eyes again. How dare he call her boyfriend unsafe. She knows him better than he does. So she should know better about all of this. Right?

"No, no, Alicia, you don't get what it makes people do. You don't know." He starts to crawl after her again. "Alicia you don't know what I had to do, you don't know! Matt will hurt you!" He tries to stand up again but falls on his back to the floor. Alicia had already left the home leaving Frankie there the only one to help him back up.

Frankie assumes that he will just get back up like he had previously done, but that doesn't happen to be the case. His body goes stiff, and what she fears most happens. His whole body convulses uncontrollably. Frankie leaps from the couch, falling, but gets up again. She may be going through withdrawal but she is not going to just watch as he could die in front of her.

"Nick!" Frankie persistently starts to crawl on her hands and knees over to him. She makes it in a matter of a few seconds, which is good because Nick starts to vomit again. Only this time he chokes on it. Frankie rolls him over to his side to stop him from suffocating. The sight of him like this shakes her to her very core. She starts sobbing over him without even realizing.

"Nick, hey, hey it's me. I got you." She says in a soothing voice, not knowing what else she can really do. Sure, he's unconscious, but she definitely doesn't like the idea of just watching him suffer like this. "It's gonna be okay." His body still jerks violently around. Frankie starts to hear a crowd forming around her, like fifty people just appeared in the room. She looks to both of her sides to see no one there. Auditory hallucinations are back. She needs those meds.

Alicia rushes back through the front door to see this frightening scene. She must have heard Frankie sobbing through the open door and knew that wasn't a usual occurrence. She sits down on Nick's other side. After a few more seconds he stops moving around. His eyes roll into the back of his head, and he faints. Frankie looks up to meet her tearful eyes with Alicia's scared ones.

"We need you." She says out of breath. "I'll pass out again and he'll choke." Alicia doesn't respond. "I'm sorry but you have to stay. Matt is gone, or at the very least dangerous. And I know that you love him, but, but I love Nick and he's right here in front of us. He can still be saved." Alicia understands.

Alicia and Frankie move Nick towards the couch, an arm thrown over each of their shoulders. Frankie's legs feel ready to go limp at any moment, but she grunts and narrows her eyes, determined not to drop him.

They reach the couch and lay him down. Frankie breathes heavily, barely able to carry her own weight in this state. She sits on the edge of the cushion, next to him. Before she knows it, she falls sideways and passes out beside him.