Run Away

Song for second half of chapter (after flashback)-  Runaway by Kanye (extended and explicit version)

----------------------------------------------------------

Four Years Ago (Nick and Frankie would have been almost 16)

             Frankie leans her back against the white tile bathroom wall. She squirms in place, adjusting the sleeping bag underneath her placed in the bathtub. The two blankets zipped together did not provide as much cushion as she hoped it would. She flicks open her lighter and puts it to the fry cigarette in her mouth. (fry is the term for a pcp dipped cigarette)

          She takes a hit and puffs out gray smoke, filling up the cramped room. She's currently located in the small abandoned bathroom off a rundown house. Many other druggys were just outside the door. All laying around the living room, kitchen, bedrooms, etc. But she called dibs on the bathroom first, she wanted to be alone at the moment.

        The smoke swirls its way to the flickering yellow lights above the mirror. The colors in the room slowly began to slightly distort, as if the place was a watercolor painting. Her body relaxes and lets out a sigh of relief. It's three in the morning, so she's probably the only one awake at this hour. Thank god. She thinks.

        Or so she thought.

        The door handle abruptly turns downward and the door opens, allowing a boy to sneak inside. He closes it gently to not make noise. His walk is a little wobbly and uncoordinated, indicating he is also high. She doesn't move and just silently watches him, breath against the closed door. He turns around showing his face.

       "Oh, hey Nick." Frankie calmly greets, now recognizing him. His eyes widen for a second and he jolts, startled. He definitely wasn't expecting someone to be in here. She slightly giggles at his momentary fear. "You alright? Or just a little high?" She takes another hit off her fry.

       "Just a little high...sorry." He places a hand on the counter, to balance his weight better. "I should probably leave, you obviously want some privacy–"

       "No, no, you're fine. You can stay." She gestures with her free hand to the closed toilet that didn't work anymore, close to the tub. "Have a seat." She jokingly offers. He shrugs and sits down on the closed lid. "Sorry, don't got any heroin on me though." She half-heartedly apologizes.

       "No, no, didn't expect that from you. And wow, shouldn't you know by now that peer pressuring your friends to do drugs........is bad." They both chuckle. She holds out her cigarette with a smirk.

        "Well in that case.....you want a hit from this?" She's only known him for a month, but she likes him well enough to offer some from own stash. He shakes his head no and laughs, placing his hands on his knees, to sit more comfortably on the hard porcelain seat. He tucks a piece of hair behind his ear.

       "No, I'm good. More for you. Already had a fix recently anyway." He explains, flatly.

       "I know, I can tell." She nods, and takes another puff without breaking eye contact. Nick swore there was something seductive about the way she did it. Or maybe that was just him wanting to see what he wanted to see?

        "What do you mean you can tell?" He gestures to himself, making an obvious fake offended look.

        "Your speech is a little slurred, and your movements a little..." She waves her hand at him up and down. "........sloppy."