I've Got Problems on Top of Problems

a/n - sorry guys lol. ik it's literally been forever. no i did not forget about my girl frankie, i could never she's like my first child. i've just been editing the older shit with her and i've been posting other shit to ao3 as well. here's the chapter tho

also if you want to read a better written version of frankie with like alternate scenes and also read my other shit my ao3 username is :TellMeImYourNationalAnthem

thank you for your patience 

--------------------------------------

(Troy's POV)

Troy leans up against a car, arms crossed against his chest. He stares at the rest of the group from afar, listening to their conversation. Frankie and Alicia are still out of it, laying down in the front of one of the vehicles nearby. Neither have said a word since Frankie's apology, both passing in and out of consciousness once they were rescued.

They're on top of a high hill, looking down at the destroyed ranch continuing to get trampled on by the dead. Walker, Ofelia, and Crazy Dog all sit out of hearing range on the back of a semi-truck. They quietly whisper about each of their experiences.

Madison and Nick had been arguing for the past ten minutes and it was already starting to get old. Troy watches Alicia slowly sit upright in the passenger seat. She rubs her eyes and wraps the blanket that's placed around her a little tighter. She opens the door and walks up to the two.

"Where's Jake?" She asks after taking a quick look around. Frankie sits up in the driver's seat. The window's cracked down open enough for her to hear. She sniffles and tilts her head curiously, wondering where he could be as well. Nick sighs and just shakes his head 'no'. He doesn't know what to say. Alicia breaks into cries for a moment and sharply inhales trying to prevent a breakdown.

It seems to be one bad thing after another these days for her. Troy turns his gaze to the ground. He thinks on it as well, a feeling of distress welling up inside him quickly, so he shoves it back down and tries to brush it off. "How?" Alicia questions the situation, not comprehending how someone who was warned of what was coming would die from it.

"He was trying to stop this. Troy, uh... saw the horde coming, came to warn us, but it was too late." Nick lies. Troy feels a small smile growing across his face, amused that Nick would lie for him. He gets the courage to say something and speaks up, his face going stone cold again.

"He got bit." He flatly tells her. "I put him down." Madison switches the subject up, noticing that Alicia's reaction is only getting worse.

"We're leaving soon. We found Daniel at the dam." She references the place she went for water prior when the drought started. "It's safe, it's supplied." Madison reassures her daughter, trying to comfort her. Alicia gestures for her to stop with her arms and shouts at her. Her expression turns offended at what Madison is trying to pull.

"Stop pretending any place is safe." She scolds her mother. "It's not. We keep searching for something that doesn't exist. We kill for it and die for it." Madison tries to cut into her rant but she keeps going. "You know better than anyone. Don't say otherwise."

"Well....." Madison reminds her. "....we're kind of short on options."

"It doesn't mean I have to choose that!" She screams. "Where's the dam? Show me on a map." She orders them, hoping for any of the group to reply. Troy's eyes widen at her outburst. She and Frankie must have had to go through with something truly awful down in the bunker.

He moves his eyes away from the fight and to the scared girl sitting in the car, known as Frankie. She hugs herself tighter, becoming uncomfortable from the yelling. Troy steps closer to her and gently places a hand on her shoulder. She glances up at him and gives a small smile, leaning into his touch. Troy sharply inhales, not knowing what exactly to do.