Search Party

ATHENA

I opened my eyes slowly and realising I was in a private room. We were in the same club, I heard the music from somewhere down below.

"Hello?" I shouted, getting off the bed and running over to the door. It was locked from the outside. There was a window but even if I screamed the music would drown me out. I sighed impatiently when I realised I didn't even have my phone.

I didn't even know who'd brought me here or where Mattia was. But if I had to guess, it was clear who was behind all of this.

"Joey, I know you're out there!"

I folded my arms across my chest as the lock in the door unlocked. Rolling my eyes, I took a step back.

The door opened and I saw Joey standing in the doorway, leaning on the doorframe. He had a cigar hanging out of his mouth which he raised two fingers to. I watched him take it out of his mouth and turn his head to the side as he let the smoke out of his mouth. All the while, keeping his eyes on me and letting them travel up and down my body.

"You make me sick" I walked towards him, pointing a finger in his face but he reached out, grabbing my wrist. I clenched my jaw, staying still but he twisted it more, pulling me back into the room.

"Joey you'll break it"

"Good" he said, positioning me in the middle of the room and going to lock the door.

"Look-"

"One more word" he pulled a gun out of his jacket, cocking it with his index finger "and you're dead"

I pressed my lips together as he pointed to the bed with his gun. I felt the hairs on my arms rising as I walked over to the bed, taking a seat obediently.

"Good" he repeated, grabbing a red chair and sitting opposite me "now let's have a little chat"

MATTIA

I shook her Father's hand, giving him a reassuring smile. He shook it firmly, returning the smile.

"I promise I'll give her the life she deserves"

"Thank you, son" he said, letting go of my hand and walking towards the door. I followed him out and we walked towards the private room we were in before.

But when I walked in, it was as if it was a bomb shelter. There was smashed glass on the floor, women yelling and crying over cuts on their arms or face. The bartender was sweeping the broken glass off the floor whilst sighing to himself.

"Aye, what happened in here?" I walked over to him. He ignored me at first. I took the brush out of his hands making him look at me in annoyance.

"The power went out and everyone went crazy"

"I see that, where's Athena?" I asked, looking around before turning back to him. He shrugged his shoulders, frowning.

"She was gone when the lights turned back on"

"Fuck!" I threw the brush on the ground, walking out the room, glass crunching under my shoes. I didn't know where to start, I didn't know which room to go into. I felt anger growing in me as I walked through a dark corridor.

I alerted her parents and the guards that she was missing, sending everyone out on a search for her.

"Take the right side, we'll take the left" I said to the guards, going down the left side of the building along with Athena's Dad.

"I'll kill him when I see him"

I looked at her Dad, walking slower "Joey?"

"Well of course!" he said "who else could be behind this? You saw the way he was speaking earlier to me and my daughter, this is all him"

"Right" I pressed my lips together, opening each door as we passed it but all of the rooms were empty.

"Sir!"

We ran to the window to see guards calling us from downstairs, around 8 of them along with her Mom.

"They're outside! He's taken her outside!"