01

warning: blood and descriptions of mutilation

Blood had splattered onto the counter, mixing with the overflowing soup and creating an ugly shade of red.

The house was silent except from the ragged breathing of y/n as they stood at the entrance of the kitchen, shaking.

"M-mom?" y/n weakly called out, slowly making their way into the darkened house. "Mom are you there?"
The ridiculous amount of blood seeping into the plush grey carpet made y/n want to puke as she turned to see the living room.

She never felt so sick before, it looked as if it was a scene from a horror film, except that this time there was the additional factors of smell.

Y/n reached for the light switch and switched it on.

The scene wasn't any better.

Y/n slapped a hand onto her mouth to prevent themselves from screaming as the view before her made her tear up.

Her mother lay on the floor, her stomach sliced open with all the organs scattered onto the wooden floor. Her lifeless eyes stared up at the ceiling with her mouths gaping with ice cubes in them.

Y/n's legs gave way and she plopped onto the floor sobbing.

Who did this?

Why would someone do this?

She shakily reached for her phone in her pocket and punched in the numbers for the police.

"1...1....0..." she mumbled, her vision getting blurry with tears as she placed the phone to her ear.

Her mind was starting to spiral, overwhelming thoughts pounding in her head.
She begun to tremble even more as the receiver started to speak to her.

She couldn't comprehend anything they said because the noise in her head started to get louder and louder. Screeching pierced her brain as y/n struggled to keep herself conscious, no she had to talk, she had to report this....

Y/n blacked out before she could even say anything.

Two months later

"Give me a call once you're out of school alright?" y/n nodded as her guardian passed her some money. "Get yourself some food if i'm not home by then okay?"

Y/n nodded again before her aunt sped down the road, leaving her a walking distance away from her school.

She wasn't exactly y/n's aunt, she was more of her mother's close friend that took her in after that incident.
The incident was never resolved, as much to
y/n's frustration, the police were jackshit at doing their job and even tried to rule it out as a suicide which made y/n scream at the officer who suggested that.

Y/n groaned when she thought about it, holding in a punch. Whenever she thought about the 'justice' of the police, she just wanted to cave in the head of someone.

Her unchecked anger issues might have stemmed from the constant shit suggestions she got from the police and occasionally the unsaid blame she had for herself.

"Fucking annoying ," y/n mumbled before slamming her fist onto the wall nearby. The wall crumbled, y/n shocked when she turned her head to see a dent in the beige school walls.