19

warning! gore (later part of this chapter)

Y/n said her goodbyes to Okuyasu and Koichi as she made a short detour to the grocery store after school. Josuke followed after her, a little more quiet that usual.

"Hey what's up with you? Under the weather today?" she asked, dumping a week's worth of bread into the basket.

"No it's just....at that stupid manga artist's place.. a few days ago, I vaguely remember him reading something off your file." Josuke tossed a pack of cheese into the basket as he peeked over at her shopping list.

"Ah..uh about what?" y/n couldn't help but to sound nervous as she snatched up some vegetable on sale.

"Hm...that's why I said I vaguely remember," he replied. "Yo why do you get the crusty vegetables, pick other ones." he took the vegetables she had in hand and put it back down, picking out another fresher one instead.

"I think it's about uh..."

"Me?" Josuke smirked. "I mean maybe no but..I swear I could hear my name or something." Y/n tensed up instantly as she recalled Rohan completely outing her to Koichi and Okuyasu with her confirmed likings to Josuke.

well it wasn't confirmed but she kinda got it sorted out.

Y/n wished she was at least half truthful with her 'sorting out' but yeah she was still confused as fuck.

"Y-yeah...it was about you....." y/n hated herself from admitting that, her heart was now thumping like crazy and her hands had started to sweat.

Josuke laughed and helped to place some jam jars into the basket. "Okay I was right then! What about me? Did I do something super cool or something?" he joked, taking the basket from her. "Come, i'll take this for you, it's starting to look heavy."

"N-no it's fine! It isn't that heavy-" y/n's hand slipped, causing the basket to slip from her fingers and fall to the ground. Josuke caught it quickly but lost his balance, stumbling forward.

Y/n caught him and used her free hand to hold against the wall behind her as the two of them struggled to stand properly.

Josuke now had a hand holding a basket while the other placed against the wall beside y/n's shoulder.
Y/n on the other hand, had a hand on Josuke's chest with the other holding herself up.

"You okay?" y/n's heart clenched as he asked his usual question.
Why did he always check on her before himself?!

"I...i'm okay." she released her hands on his body and looked away embarrassed. "W-what about you?"

Josuke's smile made her look at him all over again.

"I'm okay," he pulled away laughing. "So sorry that was awkward just now."

"I don't want it to be awkward anymore," y/n said.

YO WHAT THE SWEET ACTUAL FUCK AM I SAYING!?

"Huh?" Josuke looked around as if to check for anyone around. "Don't want us to be awkward? When have we been awkward?"