07

"Yo Koichi you're even studying after school?" a voice called out, snapping Koichi out of his concentrated study about the disappearing people in Morioh.  He turned his head to see Josuke and y/n standing at the door, the latter waving at him.

"Let's go home." Josuke said, giving him a fond smile.

"Oh right," Koichi felt himself let out a sigh of relief. Josuke seemed to be doing better right now and for once, y/n looked a little more fresher than she did most of the time.

He quickly packed his bags and made his way out of the library with them.

"Sorry for shouting at you the other time Koichi," y/n apologised blushing. "I should try to control my anger better." As she said that, a girl shouldered her hard.

"Watch it," she growled, the girl flipped her off and walked off.

Y/n cracked her knuckles and grabbed the fire extinguisher nearby, aiming to throw it until Josuke held her arm. "Woah y/n what did we agree on today?"

"No...violence," y/n placed the fire extinguisher down and took a deep breath. "No snapping of bones and jaws." she beamed at Josuke who gave her a fist bump.

"See you did it, you didn't send another person to the hospital!"

It's like training a dog.... Koichi thought to himself. But whatever it helps her so I guess it's okay...?

•••

The trio walked home together, passing my the Angelo stone that stared at Josuke with so much hatred y/n wanted to laugh.

"Yo Angelo," Josuke gave the rock a short greeting, Koichi looked at the rock a confused frown on his face.

"Uh...huh? Hey, was this rock always here?"

"Yeah, but it didn't look like this at first," Y/n shared a knowing look with Josuke before she too waved at the Angelo rock.

"At..first?"

"It looked uglier, now it's much better to look at," y/n answered, watching Koichi as he stared at the rock awhile more.

"Well, whatever. Yo Angelo!"

Y/n turned to continue walking and Koichi sped up to catch up with them.
"By the way, what happened to Mr Jotaro?" he asked Josuke.

"Oh, he said he had something he wanted to look into. He's staying at the Grand Hotel."

"Does it have to do with this city?" y/n's eyes shifted to Koichi, his question piquing her interest.
Looks like she wasn't the only one feeling that something was wrong here.

"I'm sure it does." Koichi stopped to turn around to look at something before continuing after them.

They passed a oddly placed arch and y/n stopped for a moment, a chill running down her spine.
Her gut was telling her something bad was going to happen even though she hadn't seen anything that proved otherwise.
Koichi passed her with a confused look on his face before he looked up at the house beyond the walls.

"Huh? Josuke? Y/n?" She scowled and walked out from under the arch, Josuke giving her a quizzical look. "No one's lived in this house for about three or four years, right?"