05

Warning: mentions of self harm

"Josuke, take the bottle and get into the car," Jotaro's cold eyes briefly met y/n's. "Let's take it somewhere isolated."

Y/n turned her head to find the bottle opened and a Mr Higashikata on the floor dead.

Josuke stood behind Y/n shocked, his lips trembling as he said a soft 'gramps'.

The blue stand slithered across the carpet, snickering as he pointed a finger at Josuke. "Josuke Higashikata and y/n l/n!" Y/n flinched at him knowing her full name. "This is all your fault!"

Y/n dared to take a look back at the shell shocked Josuke as the stand continued talking. "It's your fault for not keeping your eyes on me Josuke!"

"You got too cocky~" he drawled laughing. "It cheers me up when I see cocky guys step into the depths of despair!"

His lines are kinda weird though , who speaks like that? Wait no this is no time to nitpick on an asshole's dialogue, he killed Josuke's grandpa.......that was going to reopen the case...

Y/n's thoughts trailed off as the stand continued to laugh maniacally.

Angered by this, Y/n felt Josuke summon his stand and quickly jumped away as he rained a flurry of punches on the stand.
The stand moved away, landing at the window still.

"That was close. That power is incredible...YOU'RE STILL BEING COCKY! I'll kill you, whatever it takes!" it's beady eyes glanced over at y/n and he laughed. "I have something special planned for you little miss, continue to stay cute and helpless!" With that the stand slipped through the crack of the windows and disappeared.

Josuke ran over to his grandpa's body, Jotaro entering the house worried.

"Gramps opened the cap on the bottle," he told Jotaro, his eyes never leaving his grandpa. "But there's nothing to worry about." his voice seemed to waver.

"It's just a minor wound. My stand can easily..." his stand came out and held onto his grandpa's face. A yellow hue glowed around its hands as y/n watched as the corpse turned into what looked like a sleeping Mr Higashikata.

"All fixed," y/n could however, feel that Josuke was in complete denial. There was no bringing the dead back.

Mr Higashikata was dead and no one could do anything about it.

The body didn't move.

"It's can't be..."white particles seemed to rise from Mr Higashikata's body. "He should wake up. My stand can heal wounds. I've done it lots of times since I was a kid!"

"I..I even fixed my friend's broken bone..!" y/n recognised desperation in the male's voice as he grabbed his grandpa's collar roughly. "Hey gramps! I'm gonna be mad if you're messing around!"

"Did you really fall asleep because you had the night shift?" Y/n looked to Jotaro who didn't meet her eye, staring at the ground silent.

"Y-you don't need to try to scare me anymore!" At this point Josuke was almost pleading.

Y/n felt empty as she watched this scene play out, Jotaro walking forward to stop the grieving teen.
As if almost instinctively, the noises seemed to tune out and y/n could hardly heard whatever words the two were exchanging.