20

warning! gore descriptions.

"Give me a break, I miss my wife already," Jotaro grumbled under his breath as they approached the farm.

"How old is your kid?" y/n asked softly as they scanned the surrounding area.

"She's 7," he answered. "Hey the trivia later okay? We have a rat extermination to do."

"You promise?"

"I-" Jotaro seemed to have wanted to snap at y/n but sighed when he saw her pinky extended out. "Yes I promise." he sealed the pinky promise as Josuke flung open the front door that was left ajar.

"The rat will let us approach within a certain distance," Jotaro returned to his business state, following after Josuke into the house. "Because it's confident that no slow human is going to catch it."

Y/n followed after him, looking around at the furnishings of the house.

"The rat doesn't expect us to blast bearings at it. That's how we'll get close enough to nail it in one shot."

"Found something," y/n glanced to Jotaro as he squatted near a wall. "Rat droppings. Not made up of grass or grain either." the two of them walked over to his side. "It's meat."

A chill ran down y/n's spine and she shook herself out of it as she followed Jotaro's gaze to a room behind him. "They're heading toward this room. Let's check it out." y/n stopped as she noticed Josuke halt in his tracks, he craned his neck a little to look into the kitchen where the white fridge stood in the dark ominously.

"Josuke?" he turned his body to the kitchen.

"Do you hear that y/n?" he approached the kitchen, y/n glanced over at Jotaro before backtracking to go over to Josuke's side.

"That's the sound of the refridgerator's conpressor...?" the two of them stood hovering at the door, both too afraid to step in.

The movement of the refrigerator door scared the both of them shitless and they both flinched together.

How did the fridge door open by itself? y/n swallowed her own saliva and tip toed a little. The magnet got weakened?

Her eyes widened as she spotted the butt of the rat squeezing into the small gap, she turned to Josuke and he too, carried the same expression as her.
He must have seen it too.

The rat opened the refrigerator door? How the hell did it do that? y/n slowly lowered herself from her tiptoe stance and slowly took out the bearings that Jotaro had handed them before hand.

The rat suddenly turned its head and made direct eye contact with y/n, she felt her body tense up as its beady black eyes bore into hers, it's whiskers twitching as it studied her.

Fuck. Was all y/n could think as she tried to relax her body.

As if on cue, the refrigerator door swung open slowly to reveal a clump of flesh lumped together, with two elderly heads groaning.
Y/n felt bile rise in her throat, this couldn't...was this the couple that resided in this farmhouse?
Their limbs stuck out of the flesh clump in odd angles, their eyes moving ever so slightly as they twitched little by little.