Evan and Zoe ♥︎

https://wanderlustbay

https://wanderlustbay.com/wedding-ceremony-scripts/

"Jared do you have the rings?" Evan asked. "I thought Connor had them." "I thought Evan had them." Connor said. "...Shit! I need to find the rings! The ceremony starts in 4 hours!" Evan shouted. The 3 of them started to search the dressing room, to no luck. They searched all over the hallways, in all 3 of their cars, outside the venue, but to no luck. 2 hours later, still nothing Evan started to cry. "I ruined the wedding didn't I?" "Probably." Jared said. Connor looked at a text. "Uh Evan, your mom has them." "Oh."

*meanwhile*

Positive. "Fuck, I'm pregnant." "Zoe, are you ready?" "Yeah Alana, just a second." Zoe pinned her veil on, and stepped out the bathroom. "You look good." "Thanks." "Ready to go?" "Yeah. Is Evan on his way?" "He should be." "Okay good." Evan pulled up outside the venue. "He's here." Evan, Connor, and Jared walked out. "Zoe, your mother and I are getting a divorce." Larry said, right before he walked her down the aisle. "What?" "Look, we'll talk about it later."

Evan's father arrived, with a woman who could only be 10-15 years older than Evan, and she was wearing a short white dress. "Heidi, this is my new wife, Savanna." "Mark, what is she wearing?" "it's just a dress, you don't have to be a bitch about it." Savanna scoffed, sitting in the first row. "So it's your son, what's his name, Ethan's wedding?" "His name is Evan." "Same thing."

Zoe came down the aisle, and the ceremony began. "We are gathered together on this day to witness and celebrate the marriage of Zoe Murphy and Evan Hansen.  We come together not to mark the start of a relationship, but to acknowledge and strengthen a bond that already exists. This ceremony is a public affirmation of that bond and as their dearest family and friends, it is our honor and privilege to stand witness to this event."

"This day is made possible not only because of your love for each other, but through the grace and support of your family and friends. It is our hope that your fulfillment and joy in each other will increase with each passing year. Marriage is a commitment in life, where two people can find and bring out the very best in each other. It offers opportunities for sharing and growth that no other human relationship can equal, a physical and emotional joining that has the promise of a lifetime."

The officiant continued to read for awhile. "Evan, read your vows." "I, Evan, take you, Zoe, to be my wedded wife, I give to you in the presence of these witnesses, my, promise to stay by your side, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad, promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long
as we both shall live."

"Zoe, read your vows." "I, Zoe, take you, Evan, to be my wedded husband, I give to you in the presence of these witnesses, my, promise to stay by your side, in sickness and in health, in joy and in sorrow, as well as through the good times and the bad, promise to love you with-" Before she could finish her sentence, she threw up. "I'm okay, just give me a second." She continued her vows. "Promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

"Jared, the rings." "Okay just a second." Jared pulled the rings out of his pocket and handed them to Evan. "Having this love in your hearts, you have chosen to seal your vows by exchanging rings. From the earliest times, the circle has been a sign of completeness. The rings that you have chosen to wear have neither beginning nor end, much like your love for one another. They are a symbol of the words that you speak today. May these rings be from this day forward, your most treasured adornment. and may the love they symbolize, be your most precious possession. As you wear these rings, may they be constant reminders of these glad promises you are making today."

Evan placed the ring on Zoe. "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness to you." Zoe placed the ring on Evan. "I give you this ring as a symbol of my love and faithfulness to you." "Do you, Evan Hansen, take Zoe Murphy to be your lawfully wedded wife?" "I do." "Do you, Zoe Murphy, take Evan Hansen to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "I do."

"Having pledged their fidelity to one another, to love, honor and cherish one another in the presence of this gathering and by the authority vested in me by the constitution and the laws of this state, it is my honor to now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." Evan kissed Zoe. "Ladies and Gentlemen, it is my honor to be the first to introduce you to: Mr. and Mrs. Hansen."

The reception had started. Connor was smoking weed in the bathroom. Another guest walked in. "Do you know why it smells like weed in here?" The guest said, looking at Connor who had a joint in his hand. "Look at me and ask that again." "Do you know why or not?" Connor ripped a paper towel dispenser off the wall, and the guest left the bathroom.

As Evan was making his rounds greeting everyone, everyone was feeding him shots. Zoe was awkwardly standing with him, as he got more drunk at every table. "Here, have another shot." "Okaaaaaaayyy...." Evan could hardly even walk, he was so drunk. "Here, have a shot." "I'm good..." "Cone on Evan, it's your wedding day. It's just 1 more shot." "Fine."

"Hey guys is that Topher?" Alana said, pointing to a guy with a man bun entering. "That's definitely Topher." Jared said. Topher went up and took the mic from the DJ. "What the hell are you doing here?" "Hey look I'm sorry Rachel, I mean Stephanie, I mean Lexi, I mean Hannah, I mean Amber, I mean Olivia, I mean Arianna. Wait I meant Zoe! Look I'm sorry I talked to other women but if you marry me again I won't cheat on you for a whole year, how does that sound?" "Get the fuck off the stage!" "Okay, maybe this will work." He went over and whispered something to the DJ. The DJ began playing a song.

You are my fire
The one desire
Believe when I say
I want it that way
But we are two worlds apart
Can't reach to your heart
When you say
That I want it that way
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a heartache
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but a mistake
Tell me why
I never wanna hear you say
I want it that way

Am I your fire?
Your one desire
Yes, I know it's too late
But I want it that way
Tell me why
Ain't nothin' but-

Connor punched him, splattering blood ok Zoe's dress. Evan joined in. "Someone should go help him!" Savanna shouted. "I think Evan and Connor can take him." Jared said. She glared at him. "Okay fine I'll go help." Jared walked up and punched Topher. The karaoke track continued to play in the background.

"Tell me you're getting all this." Alana said to the wedding videographer. Police sirens were heard outside. Three officers came in and separated the fight, handcuffing Connor, Evan, and Jared. "You're all under arrest." "Hey officer do you know Dee?" Jared said. "Who's Dee?" "Deez nuts."

"Put your hands behind your back!" "No." "Put your hands behind your back!" "What are you gonna do, tase me?" Connor mocked him, before getting tased.

Topher got up, completely bruised and bloody, his clothes ripped. "So are you gonna take me back?" "Get the fuck out!" "I don't understand why you married this nerd. What do you see in Edgar that you don't see in me?" "My name is Evan!" "He's not even cute. And all men talk to other women." "No they don't Topher. Just leave!" "Your loss."