Zoe and Darren ✌︎

TW: abuse

TW: abuse

No one had bothered to dress formal for the wedding, unless they were in the wedding party. The atmosphere was better suited for a funeral. Angela, Darren's mother, knocked on the door of the bridal suite. "Who is it?" Zoe said. She was already ready. Angela just walked in. "I came here to give you a little marriage advice." Zoe stared at her. "What?"

"Look, if you don't make him angry and keep your mouth shut he won't beat you so much. Take my advice, okay?" "He'll beat me no matter what I do. That doesn't help, he's always angry." "Well, I tried to help you." "Leave her alone mom." Jodie said. "Maybe if you had raised Darren better you wouldn't have to be telling her this." "She can always just not marry him." "I already tried breaking it off, when he beat me he got the cops called on himself and spent 2 weeks in jail, that's why we had to reschedule." Zoe said.

"Just get out you're not helping." Alana said. "Fine. I tried to help you-" "Angela! Shut the fuck up!" Connor said from the hallway. "Where the hell is Darren?" Cynthia asked Connor. "I just beat him up." "Oh okay, I don't really care but the ceremony's supposed to start in 10 minutes so just make sure he's ready." "Anne! I have your weed!" "Oh thanks Connor!" "Let's go get high before the ceremony starts because how else are we gonna through this wedding?"

"Should I see if Zoe wants some?" Anne said. "I already tried that, she said no. She already spent the entire morning before now crying because she doesn't want to marry him." "I haven't met him yet but he seems like a real piece of shit from what I've heard." "That's a huge understatement." Evan and Jared showed up. "The ceremony starts in 1 minute." Connor said. "We should probably go."

*ceremony*

Zoe had already walked down the aisle, she was holding back tears. Darren wasn't smiling either. The officiant was reading on. Connor and Anne were just about to enter. "Hey is Zoe here?" Topher said. "Just when I thought this wedding couldn't get any worse. What the fuck do you want and why do you have a microphone, and why is Thrine carrying a speaker?" "Hi Connor." Thrine said. "Shut up."

"I'm here for Zoe obviously." "You know what fuck it you're gonna go in anyway and I'd rather she be with you than Satan's spawn." Connor said. "Thank youuuu!" "God just shut up!" Connor and Anne went in and sat down. Topher came in a few minutes later. "Oh fuck." Zoe said. "Zoe, I'm sorry I cheated on you but when life gives you sidechicks-" "What are you doing here Topher?" "I want you back so I prepared a song. Hit it Thrine!"

The club isn't the best place to find a lover
So the bar is where I go
Me and my friends at the table doing shots
Drinking fast and then we talk slow
And you come over and start up a conversation with just me
And trust me I'll give it a chance now
Take my hand, stop, put Van the Man on the jukebox
And then we start to dance, and now I'm singing like

Heidi walked in late. "Sorry I'm late what did I miss- nope okay I'm leaving."

Girl, you know I want your love
Your love was handmade for somebody like me
Come on now, follow my lead
I may be crazy, don't mind me
Say, boy, let's not talk too much
Grab on my waist and put that body on me
Come on now, follow my lead
Come, come on now, follow my lead

I'm in love with the shape of you
We push and pull like a magnet do
Although my heart is falling too
I'm in love with your body
And last night you were in my room
And now my bedsheets smell like you
Every day discovering something brand new
I'm in love with your body
Oh--oh-l-oh-l-oh-l
I'm in love wit-

Darren punched Topher. "So you're cheating on me with him?" "No Darren he's my ex he doesn't mean anything-" "Wait so the plan didn't work?" Topher said. "No and unless you want some of what she's getting later I suggest you get your ass out of here!" Darren screamed at him. "But I'm not gay." Topher said. "I'm not talking about sex!" Topher ran out of the church. "You have 3 seconds to explain yourself Zoe." "Darren I told you, he's my ex boyfriend and he doesn't mean anything to me. He cheated on me and I don't love him anymore."

He grabbed her by her wrist and yanked her forward. "If I find out you're lying to me you're gonna regret this." "Okay, now let go of me!" "Would you like to say your vows now?" The officiant said. "No, just skip them." Zoe said. "Do you, Zoe Murphy, take Darren Becker to be your lawfully wedded husband?" "Unfortunately..." she mumbled. "What did you just say?" Darren shouted. "I do." "I'm only gonna ask 1 more time, what did you say?" "I already told you-" he cut her off by slapping her.

"He'll never learn will he?" Connor said, standing up. Connor walked up and punched Darren, and Darren hit him back. "Well that was quick." Larry said to Cynthia, as Connor and Darren continued fighting. "Connor beat his ass!" Anne said. The officiant broke up the fight and Connor went to sit back down. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." Zoe couldn't help but recoil at his touch. She walked back up the aisle with him.