𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞

charli had invited sofia and vinnie to a brunch with some friends. the couple had arrived back in California the night before and the teenage girl was quick to send sofia a text with the invitation.

the friends mentioned by charli were chase hudson, jack wright, larray and nailea devora. vinnie almost freaked out when his girlfriend told him she had already said they were going, saying the d'amelio girl was inconsiderate when she invited sofia and nailea to the same place.

but, sofia swore to god she didn't mind it. before everything that went down, she used to be a huge fan of nailea, always keeping up with her (almost non-existent) youtube content, as well as with her tiktok videos and instagram posts, so she really was ok with meeting up with the youtuber for dinner.

the couple was currently on their way and vinnie kept repeating she could give up at any time and they wouldn't have to go. she just laughed it off, though. she knew he was worried something would happen, however, she had already met nailea once at the halloween party they went to and she seemed really nice.

the place they chose to eat was a quite reserved coffee shop, where they wouldn't encounter any paparazzi, that being the reason they chose it in the first place. so, as vinnie and sofia arrived, they quietly made their way inside, finding everybody else already seated, with two seats avaliable close to larray.

"hey guys." sofia was the first to speak as she approached them, smiling "i hope we're not too late." she laughed, being joined by the group whilst they also muttered their hello's

"you're not, don't worry!" charli assured them, getting up from her chair to give sofia a tight hug "i missed you, bae. next time you go to seattle, take me with you, please."

"excuse me, i'm her boyfriend!" vinnie raised his hand jokingly, already used to avani and charli stealing his girlfriend from him (although, they weren't in a relationship when they used to do that before) "only i get to call her bae."

"possessive much?" charli raised her eyebrows at him, playfully hitting his arm before sitting down again "we were waiting for you guys to order, so choose what you want. like, now."

having ordered, the group went back to chatting, but it was weird. nailea and larray were talking almost in a whisper voice, chase and charli were also in their own conversation, while jack and the couple also chatted. it was definitely awkward.

"bruh, i love your outfit." nailea complimented sofia, making the other girl smile at her "you should take some pictures here, for sure. there's this outside area of this place with a cool wall... i can take some photos, if you want to."

"oh my god, i'd love that actually." sofia said excitedly, making nailea get up from her chair to direct her outside. it was near their table, so it wasn't too much of a walk, but, as vinnie watched, he didn't know how to feel at all

it wasn't that he didn't want them interacting. he still enjoyed nailea's friendship, but, it was different to see her interact with his girlfriend. he could only hope they'd become friends - it's better than hating on each other.

"ok, maybe get up on this bench thing and pose?" nailea suggested, opening the camera app on her phone, trying to find a good angle "i'll take a few photos and you see which one you like the best."

they spent the next minutes like that, with sofia doing random poses and nailea capturing all of them. when they returned to the table, they were much less awkward around each other, having bonded over the fact that they're both really into fashion.

"bitch, we thought you would never come back." was the first thing larray said when they returned to the table "i was about to call the police."

"you're being dramatic, we were there for like, not even ten minutes." sofia replied, sitting down next to vinnie again, interlacing their fingers