fourteen

doyeon pov

after our long photoshoot session we all headed down to the beach where this fashion event would take place, and it was truly beautiful even before sunset, the whole class was gathered and many awed at our visuals ; we're the pretty people. "okay now to start the event, each team will present themselves on stage" and so each team went on stage and did a lil show but to be honest they all looked bad in my eyes, maybe im too picky when it comes to style. but next was our turn and we went on stage shooting flying hearts or kisses to the crowd as they went crazy - lets be honest we won. everyone was finished and it was time to announce the winner,, "the winner is..." everyone drum rolled.

"doyeons team !!" me, hyunjae, hoon and juyeon jumped in joy with hoon's hand in mine celebrating "the prize is a money for a trip with your family" the teacher exclaimed, making my hand loosen from hoonie's grip as hyunjae went to grab the money, my eyes start to flood as the word 'family' lingered in my head.. oh how i missed my family, maybe not my parents at all but my brother sunwoo - i wished he was here. hoon clearly saw my distress and immediately comforted me but his comfort was not enough to fill this gap in my heart, i needed sunwoo.

"im gonna go sit by the sand" i quietly say as i walk away from the class, not that anyone noticed me apart from hoonie, juyeon and hyunjae, with hoon's sad expression growing over his face, i feel bad that i have to burden everyone with my problems.. i sat right by the crashing waves with my arms hugging my legs. my body wanted to just run into the waves and let the water do its job, but i was stopped by words "pretty isnt it?" i heard from a voice next to me. "yeah it is hyu-" i turn my head to the voice only to find :

sunwoo, my brother. i collapse in tears overflowing hoping its not a dream or a hallucination, i feel arms wrap around me; its real. "shh doyeon,dont cry im here" his voice made me break down even more, to the point where my heart is overwhelmed with emotions in this moment. "why are you here?" i ask between sobs, "doyeon, remember when we'd always escape to the nearest beach to let out all our feelings?" i nod still in his embrace, "well i felt like crying so here i am" i hear his voice break which made me breakdown even more "i missed you sunwoo" i cried quietly, making him kiss me on the forehead "me too doyeon" we sat in warm embrace ; i'd never wanted him more than ever.

"are you staying here?" i asked, he nods "lets spend time together, its been a while.." he replied with sincerity - truly i wanted to spend every second with my brother, he's always been there for me whenever. nothing was said, we simply sat in each others presence, i guess being far apart made us converse in our thoughts rather than verbally but being with him right now didnt need any words. no words could describe the serotonin flowing around my body.

"sunwoo, i love you so much" i say confessing my sibling love for him "being far apart from you realised how much i needed you" i cry even more knowing that i'd probably not see him anytime soon, "thats why im moving back" he said moving the hair out of my face, i hadn't even processed what he said, and thats when it hit me. "what! why sunwoo dont say its because of me" i thought i stopped being a burden to people,, "doyeon i have to come back i cant leave you any longer, even you missed me" he softly spoke honestly, i sat still staring into his eyes, my thoughts going back to the other person who came back for me, though sunwoo was different i truly wanted him to return,

"i'll be moving back in" he said "but your college??" i asked worrying about his education, "its fine im taking a break semester,, i cant really handle life right now" wow siblings alike, i hug him even more letting his head rest on my shoulder, i guess the pain is contagious, "take your time, your happiness is important than anything" i advice which was also a reality check for me, i needed to thrive in happiness. and so did sunwoo, he deserved it as much as me.

again we sit in each others arms just appreciating the love for each other, after a while everyone had left the barbecue party that i forgot i even attended since i was lost in the atmosphere; i offer sunwoo to come join us another person wont hurt. we both walk hand in hand towards the located area where only younghoon and juyeon were awaited, but hyunjae? i couldnt sense his presence anywhere. weird,, "yeon you okay?" hoonie asked, "now i am" i say raising my hand showing sunwoo's within mine, "hyung!" hoon screams going in for a hug to my brother, "ya! you act as if you havent seen him in years" i shout "as if you didnt just cry for almost an hour there" younghoon spits out, lowkey offending me as i gave him a light punch on the arm, sometimes i dont know whos my real sibling lol. "he's going to join us hoonie" i say making him aware and of course he agreed since we basically lived together 24/7.