nineteen

younghoon pov

"truth is, my dad is virtually on the border of poverty, i can't live here longer without supporting him, i'd do anything to stay and care for yeon and you but especially with his terminal illness, i can't let my last family die like this, i know you'll take care of yeon and keep her safe and when my dad does recover i'll be back i promise" i spat out my story, my parents too had divorced and ever since my father would go out drinking, wasting this soul and resulting in various illnesses ; me being the only person he could rely on.

"i-" sunwoo tried to speak processing my words, which i couldn't either. "sunwoo i trust you look after yeon in my place, make her happy ; i truly love her" he nodded still trying to read the room, "did you tell her?" my head surrended down at the thought of that "i cant sunwoo, i can't do it" i confessed scared that she'd hate me, i feel her heart and it's been continuously broken, no love left all because of people leaving : imagine you're best friend leaving suddenly, i'd hate it but i have no choice and i promise i will be back for her,

"im leaving tomorrow" i put forward to him, "atleast say goodbye to her, one last time?" i contemplated and decided to see her before my departure, "let's all go to the airport, i'll drop you off" sunwoo kindly offered, of course he was the hyung i always needed, always there for me ; just like yeon.

the day passed and i went straight home packing the rest preparing myself for the journey i was about to embark on, i hope yeon won't forget me, before anything she was my friend the person beside me and lastly my love, i have feelings for her but priorities constantly change, though she is considered my family i can't lose my actual family; i hope she'll be there for me.

doyeon pov

today was a fresh start for many reason, i finally had my brother and hoonie even more my relationship back with juyeon, something i had missed more than ever: but for some reason today felt like my life would turn upside down, sunwoo was acting weird once he came back from the boba run with hoonie, his head positioned down always staring lifelessly at the floor, and hoon never came back to our house where he'd usually spend the night..

in fact me and juyeon had ended up sleeping in each others arms since the two older guys showed no sign of return til early in the morning, "doyeon get ready we're going somewhere" sunwoo called from the living room making my face light up "going where?!" i ask in curiosity, "just get ready" woo said sternly, not giving any context to the situation nevertheless i dressed myself up ready for whatever we were going to do, i soon went downstairs to be welcomed by younghoon, looking distressed,,

"hoonie are you okay?" he simply nodded also looking lifeless, what is up with these two? "let's go before we're late" sunwoo hurried us, dragging me, juyeon and hoon into the car,, sunwoo and juyeon at the front whilst me and hoonie sat at the back. the car journey was long as i stared out of the window, travelling further and further away from the house, i felt a small tap on my cheek when younghoon handed me a small envelope, "read it when i tell you" he bitterly smiled, "why not now?" i ask "you'll regret it" he answered making me question the possible scenarios that could come out of this letter.

i read the signs as we pass a rather busy part of town, 'airport' kept coming round as i observed the surroundings with planes flying in and taking off, are we going on holiday? all of us? "we're here" sunwoo quietly announced, juyeon awaking from his nap and younghoon hesistating to leave the vehicle, sunwoo grabbed a few suitcases out the back,, no way he had packed for all of us? there was multiple luggages ready to be checked in.

we all gathered around the departures area where me and juyeon stood cluelessly not knowing what was going on, until woo passed the suitcases all to younghoon my face dropped, this can't be right?
"im sorry yeon" he worded slightly sobbing as he collapsed into my arms, i instinctively wrapped my arms around him not knowing why he was apologising "you know i love you right?" he sobbed with a sad smile, "why?i love you too younghoon?" i question, "goodbye"

goodbye,, younghoon too? leaving me? this has to be a dream, hoonie leaving me.. something i bare to imagine, i can't live without him, "don't go" i grip onto his arm tears pooling my eyes falling straight down, "i love you" his last words spoke as he loosened his grip, kissing me on the cheek and walking away with his belongings, i couldn't do anything but watch, i wanted to shout his name and run for him, but it pains just to seem him leave like this, with no reason, so sudden. with those bittersweet words.

i love you.