CHAPTER 1: Hope And A Grave

Please check out [ Scared - Trapped For Infinity ] before starting with this book.

[ Numb - His Beloved Captive ] is Scared's sequel.

You can check out the book on my profile PanchiVerma

************

"If I can't have a life with you then death will be a better option," ~ Zaid.

************

(Bengaluru, Karnataka - India)

It was past midnight.

The starless sky admitted the stillness of the night, covering itself with a dark blanket, that had a half-moon as a decoration. But the mighty moon couldn't flaunt its shine all cause of a black foggy-sheet of terror, appearing darker than the night, almost occurring to consume the whole sky.

The impatient smoke---of the burning woods and a house made of bricks and cement---embraced the surroundings.

A house was on fire!

Zaid set his own house on fire.

The same house which was used to be Zaid Afzal's home.

There was fire everywhere; the roof was on fire, the doors and windows were also on fire.

The flames crackled and burned with increasing intensity as he stood motionless, wearing casual clothes that were smoothly ironed and tidied.

One of his hands was dipped inside the front pocket of his pants and the other one was holding the leather diary as his back leaned against the shiny black car, parked just right behind him

The guards in the scene, silently watched him, standing planted in their place as alert as always, not making any moment as the vigilance kept flowing through their veins while on the other hand, the fire kept letting out the shrieks and hisses of devastation, adding some kind of sensation to the death dance of the fatal flames.

Today, the destruction was bound to happen. But no one knew whose destruction it was going to be. It was still an unanswered question.

With a small yet deep smile, tangling upon his perfect thin lips, he watched the flames with particularly calculative gazes; soon those same flames would be enough to engulf and destroy his past.

"Anjaam hai teh mera."
(My end, my fate is decided.)

He uttered, expanding his hold around the leather diary and walking closer to the house. There was slight haste in his steps, but his shoulders and back remained incredibly straight.