CHAPTER 12: Devouring

~Devouring

~Devouring.~

Some people survive chaos,

and that is how they grow.

But some people thrive in chaos,

because chaos is all they know.

- Nikita Gill.

************

(Shravya's POV)

The steam from the teacup in my hold brushed against my face as on the other side, the wind passed by with a soothing and warm touch - something which was expected from the summer's breeze.

The sound of water---from the fountain nearby---filled my ears, and I allowed myself to submit to the bless of my surroundings.

Inhaling the fresh air and the odour of nature, it felt like the world was just for me to be in.

Sometimes, everything else seems so prosaic, so useless, but here, in the greenhouse, nothing succeeds to irk me with me sitting here in this very spot, surrounded by flowers and greenery.

I feel peaceful here, for a period of minutes forgetting that when I will step out of this place, chaos would be the first one to receive me.

But it was another thing, for now, as long as I remained away, conserved here in my isolation, I'd never feel uneasy. This place was where my mind had begun to find serenity from some past months.

Peace - it was something hard for me to find, and whenever I find it, that's also when the voices in my head occur to become intenser; the ones trying to convince me that this temporary peace I had found, is meaningless before the time.

They always remind me that time has never done any good to its wasters, and just like sand, my time is slipping out of my hands.

My time is escaping from me.