CHAPTER 15: His Secret

~His Secret

~His Secret.~

"Now I have to

remember you

for longer than

I have known you."

- c.c.aurel

************

The room---Zaid's room---was filled with silence.

Only the sound of their rapid and shallow breaths was sounding through the vast space surrounding them.

Shravya's body was rigid, strangely freezing under the momentum of his fierce gazes.

She breathed deeply, feeling his hands grazing upon the curves of her body, which was hiding itself only with a black silk robe.

"Keep your eyes up." The voice was low and commanding. "And, look at me."

Her mouth opened slightly, feasting on the air like a starving animal. At the moment, terror was acting like an angry living creature inside her.

It clawed and howled under the inners of her membrane.

It wanted to escape and run away.

But she could not allow herself to move. She held herself still as if tied into place from strings...by him.

Under the will of indecisiveness, she moved her eyes from the bed to Zaid, who was already looking down at her. His jet black hair was dishevelled and messy, making him look somewhat wilder and appalling than usual.

"Good." His heated breaths stroked her cheekbones as he inched his face closer, all the while draping his arm tighter around her waist and heaving her body nearer.

His other hand held her leg, his fingers intimately digging into the skin of her inner thigh. With more strength, he dragged her even further towards himself until she put her fists upon his chest - a mute indication for him to stop, as he had already seized too much of the proximity.