CHAPTER 7: Sin and A Sinner

~Sin and A Sinner

~Sin and A Sinner.~

"I'm a sinner and you're my favorite sin," ~ Zaid.

************

A sigh leaped past Zaid's mouth as he stared at her, silently. Her back was facing him and she was looking specifically nowhere, oblivious of his presence.

After waking up when he didn't find Shravya in her room, he knew she would be outside.

It was one of the tiniest changes that had occurred in her habits. And obviously, it didn't go unnoticed by him.

"What are you looking for?" His voice alerted her as he began approaching her, now stiff foam, with a shawl in his hold, which he had bought for her.

Stopping a few inches away, he draped the shawl around Shravya's shoulders, halting the interaction the cold breeze was having with her.

"The grave." Giving him a fleeting glance, Shravya stared back at the ground, where only a few days ago, Alok's grave was resting. "It's gone."

Footing a bit more closer, he set his index finger under her chin, compelling her gazes to meet his. "It was supposed to be gone."

"Then, why did you keep it here?" Shravya implored, calmly eyeing his equally calm features as her hands pulled the shawl closer to her chest.

"Because I wanted to." He simply shrugged his shoulders, retreating his hand back. "Next time, don't come outside in a nightgown."

In a semblance of a moment, his blank eyes followed the rise and fall of her chest, playing along with her breaths. "Although it's the beginning of spring, but because of the rain in some prior days, it has lately become very cold."

She nodded in response, carefully observing as his arms reached out for her, incircling around her waist. "Not feeling sleepy?"

"No," she mumbled lightly, gaping at his arm. Its hold was troubling her.