CHAPTER 10: Demand And Consent

~Demand and Consent

~Demand and Consent.~

"Your eyes.

Your eyes hold everything

my soul thirsts for."

- Perry Poetry.

************

The mirror on the bathroom's ceiling reflected her body, dousing in the bathtub.

The moments in her eyes and breaths were abnormally slow as Shravya perceived her own reflection.

Naked and quiet.

That's what the mirror illustrated - it wasn't true but it wasn't wrong either.

She was naked but being quiet didn't mean she was in harmony. Quietness is itself a wording of noiseless chaos.

Slowly, she drove her fingers through her wet locks while altering her body lower, more into the water.

The bathtub was huge. And at that moment, if she wanted she could just end her life effortlessly, by drowning - she would have done this if she wouldn't have come this far, if she would have been the same Shravya from months ago.

The same Shravya who at some moments only wanted a way out of the mess. She just wanted a way out, even if the way was wrong.

Now, she won't do that again.

She wasn't that human anymore. She changed and adjusted herself because when all the paths get blocked, a person either chooses to calm down and think of building a way out or scream and cry till his endurance give up.

The choice was, and is still between dive or drown.

Last time, she chose to dive, a cowardly attempt to be free by breaking the laws of life and unnaturally submitting to death---by committing suicide.

This time she decided to drown, wanting to see the depths of her fate.

And this time, She won't stop.