Epilogue 1: A New Beginning

~A New Beginning

~A New Beginning.~

"As my story came to a close,

I realized that

I was the villain all along."

- Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

************

(Some months later)

"Was it so wrong of me to help someone in need?"

This time, the gloom took disguise, moulding itself into the humans who were ruined by Zaid.

"My child, he didn't even know why he was killed so brutally."

Bitterly, Amira spoke, holding Aris's little body in her arms. Her eyes burned with a fierce mixture of sorrow and hatred as she fixed an accusatory glare upon Zaid, the man who had been the cause of her anguish.

"That's so unfair - your flesh and blood, your child is precious and my child is undeserving of living?"

And, as far as he could recall, for the first time, he found himself on his knees before someone other than Shravya as he stared at the woman and her child with bewilderment etched across his face like a scar.

"We both were innocent, yet, you killed us, and destroyed our life so easily," her words held such bitterness that Zaid couldn't help but shrink back, cowering slightly, afraid.

"You're a hypocrite." Amira shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "And, you deserve every second of this pain."

She pointed a shaking finger at him. "You, the murderer of my child, you should never feel the joy of fatherhood! You should never be loved!"

"You should wreath in this misery alone and forever."

The atmosphere seemed to tremble under the weight of her presence as if nature itself quivered at the injustice she endured.