Orin x seymour pt 2

(M)oral Fixation
TheGreatGreyBeast

Chapter 2: You Rang?

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text
After a long, boring day of work in the shop, Seymour laid out on the cot in his room. With his arms crossed over his chest he stared at the ceiling, thinking over his interaction with Orin the other day. In fact, he couldn't stop thinking about it ever since it happened. It just replayed over and over, dominating his thoughts. He was a mess all day, tripping over things, breaking pots, forgetting how to count change, all because Orin was still in his head. He wondered what the two would do if they ever saw each other again.

...Would it be crazy to call him?

After a long, slow, particularly weird root canal Orin was done for the day. He cleaned and packed away his tools, and not for the first time since they met up, his mind drifted back to the little plant freak. God the things he could do to that mouth. During dental procedures as his patients squirmed and screamed Orin desperately wished it was Seymour instead. He could fantasize all day, but he longed for the real deal. He felt like he was losing his mind, how he could be into that weirdo he'd never know. All he knew was that he hoped the freak would call him, because if he didn't, Orin couldn't handle the shame or the rejection.

But hell would freeze over before Seymour Krelborn would ever call him.

---

Seymour nervously twisted the phone cord around one finger with the receiver up to his ear. The phone rang, and rang, and rang, and rang. He looked at the card on the counter to make sure he even dialed the right number. His shoulders slumped, he knew this was a stupid idea anyway. He went to hang up, but before the phone could click in place he heard muffled noise come from the other side.

He brought it back up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Who's this?" Orin said, sounding annoyed. The office was closed, and he didn't know what idiot would call at this hour.

"Hi, i-it's Seymour. You gave me your card the other day?"

Oh, that idiot . "Well, well, well. What can I help ya with?"

"I'd like to c-come over. To your practice, I mean."

"And why would ya wanna do that?" Orin practically purred into the phone.

Oh, Seymour had plenty of things in mind. But he couldn't just say any of that! He was many things, but he was not crass. "Cavities," He lied. "You were right about the cavities."

"I always am." He said smugly. "See ya in ten." Orin hung up, and Seymour's line went dead.