Little shop of homos pt 2

Little Shop of Homos
Kewl_Kid

Chapter 2: Chapter 2 - Confrontation

Summary:

Orin shows up, and it gets very homoerotic. I am so sorry, it was an accident
Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text
Seymour and Audrey sat on the shop floor staring at the passers-bys. They had been doing this for almost an hour.

"So, what about him?" Audrey asked, discreetly pointing at a suit-clad man across the street.

"I think he's straight?" Seymour guessed. "I mean, look at his haircut. No gay man would ever go outside looking like that." He subconsciously raked his hand through his hair.

Audrey motioned towards a short haired woman. "What about h-?"

"Gay. So very gay," Seymour stated with full confidence. "Her hair and nails are far too short to be straight."

"Yunno, the urchin's nails are alway really short..."

Their eyes met and they both shook their heads with a laugh.

"W-We shouldn't speculate," Seymour said noncommittally.

"You're right. It's wrong to make assumptions."

"But, I mean..."

"They are always hanging out together."

"And I never see any boys with them."

"Exactly, and-" Audrey stopped talking and hid behind the counter. "He's here!" She whisper shouted.

"Who's here?" Seymour replied with the same tone, leaning over the counter to look at her.

Seymour shot up at the sound of the shop bell ringing. His eyes widened at the sight of Audrey's boyfriend Orin Scrivello standing in the entrance.

They had never officially met, but Seymour knew him. This wasn't Orin's first stop by the shop. He often came by to pick up Audrey for some date or another. Seymour had always admired him from afar. Orin wasn't exactly his type, but he wasn't unattractive by any means. How could he not pay attention to a handsome stranger in a leather jacket?

Seymour realised he'd been staring and looked away.

Orin gave him a judging glance. "Hey. How ya doing?"

"F-Fine, thank you," Seymour cleared his throat, regaining his composure. "But the shop's closed."

"I'm not here to shop, I'm here to..." Orin paused, his attention captured by the big green plant in the corner. "Hey. This must be that new plant they're talking about on the news. Whatdya call it?"

"An Audrey Two."

"Cute name. Catchy," Orin said vaguely in Seymour's direction. His attention solely on Audrey II. "Nice plant. Big."

Seymour squirmed under the praise he wasn't used to receiving. "Th-Thank you, I raised it myself. Now if you don't mind," Seymour motioned towards the door. "I'm not really supposed to let anyone-"

Orin either didn't hear him, or didn't care what he had to say. "I hear it's some kind of new species or something."

"That's what they tell me," Seymour shook his head and summoned a firm tone. "But you'll have to leave now, we're closed."

"Alright, alright," Orin said, raising his hands. "I'm just here to pick up my date. Then I'll leave."

"Well, your date isn't here," he mustered up all the seriousness he could, keeping his voice steady. "And I think it's about time you leave."