Plant freak pt 2

Plant freak
Anonymous

Chapter 2

Chapter Text
Orin curses under his breath as he sees the other teen's wet eyes.

Damn this is bad.

"Come on dude, I was just..damn it." He reaches into his pocket and takes out a napkin he had gotten from lunch.

"Here wipe your eyes and have some dignity, man." He hands it to Seymour. "Thank you." Seymour mumbles and shyly takes it.

While he wipes his eyes, Orin bites his lip and wonders what should he do. If he leaves the other teen here crying his eyes out, his guilt isn't going to leave him for a long ass time.

What if Seymour goes to Audrey about this, then he'll never have another chance with her.

Suddenly he comes up with an idea. He'll take the little weirdo to the game, show him a good time, play nice and maybe Seymour would put some of their troubles behind them.

"After you're done drying your eyes, put on a jacket, we're going to the game." Seymour gives a confused look while he sniffs again. "I beg your pardon?"

Orin rolls his eyes a bit. God, Seymour is such a dork. "I said put on a jacket, we're going to the game."

"But...the shop."

"I'm sure your plants can last a few hours without you having conversations with them. Now get on your jacket, I gotta get there soon."

Seymour nodded and went to the coat rack to get one of his coats. Once he puts it on he gets a cap that was also on the coat rack.

"Leave the cap, it makes you look a damn idiot. Bad enough you're wearing a sweater vest." Seymour nods again and puts the cap back on the rack.

Orin checks his watch and then grabs Seymour's wrist "Come on we gotta go." He starts pulling him towards the exit. When they get out the door, Seymour pulls away from him. "Wait let me at least lock the door."

He takes out his keys and locks it, then follows Orin when he starts walking. He stops when he sees where Orin leads him. "Oh I was hoping there be a car." He says while looking nervously at Orin's Motorcycle.

"The only time I drive a car is when I'm picking up multiple people." He goes over to his bike and gets on. "You coming kid?"

Seymour nods and goes closer to him. Suddenly Orin plucks his glasses off of him. "Hey!"

"Trust me you're not going to want these on when I start the bike. I get really fast and these will fly right off of you." Orin puts them in his leather jacket breast pocket and zips it up. "Now get on."

Seymour gets on and grabs on to Orin's waist. He starts the bike and they take off.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When they get to the school, Seymour shakily gets off the bike and fixes his hair that was messed up from the strong wind when they were riding.

Orin wouldn't admit out loud but he did look cute like that. "May I have my glasses back please?"

"You're too damn polite, you know that?" Orin grunts, but unzips his pocket and takes out Seymour's glasses, then puts them carefully back on the shorter teen.

"The game starts in 40 minutes, We can find you a seat and I can get in the locker room to change." They start to walk to the school's main entrance and they see tons of students and parents heading the same way.

When they get in they make their way to the Gym and Orin finds him a good seat in the front row. "I'll get you something from the snack bar."

"No that's okay..." he trails off as Orin ignores him and heads to the exit.