Little shop of homos pt 10?

Little Shop of Homos
Kewl_Kid

Chapter 10: Chapter 10 - Consumption

Summary:

Seymour is confronted with two propositions.

I bet you'd forgotten this was the fan fic of a musical. Well, you get two songs this chapter!
Chapter Text
Seymour sat shaking, attempting to wrap his head around what just happened.

Why the sudden change in attitude? Not just Orin's, but Seymour's.

He stared at the discarded tie on the floor. Orin had come all this way just to return it. Why?

Something had changed. There had been a shift in their relationship. But why? What caused it?

There had always been some sexual tension between the two of them, but for whatever reason, it had been significantly heightened. It was so undeniably present that even the Urchins could sense it.

The Urchins... Shit. He had treated them terribly, hadn't he?

"Who was that?" Mr. Mushnik asked as he closed the door to the back room. Seymour jolted, not expecting any company.

"Oh um, uh..." Seymour stood up. He wasn't sure how much Mr. Mushnik had seen or heard, but he could only hope Mushnik didn't pick up on any homosexual undertones. Not that there were any, of course. "That was a, uh, friend."

"And what did this friend want?"

"He was just, um," Seymour thought about the way Orin looked at him, touched him. The way Seymour's heart skipped several beats at the mere sight and smell of the man. "He was giving me some advice."

"About?" He insisted, desperate to gain an understanding, to gain information.

"About business. About that plant," Seymour muttered, looking over at Audrey II. "He told me to leave the shop."

Mr. Mushnik paused. "And, uh. What did you say to this friend?"

"That I'd think about it," Seymour said guiltily, turning away, facing his dearest Twoey.

Mushnik also turned his back, muttering to himself. "He'll think about it... He'll think about it!"

"But, I don't know about that guy, Mr. Mushnik. I mean, you know the things he's done to Audrey." Seymour watered Audrey II to preoccupy his thoughts.

"God in Himmel know, the kid just said he'll mull it over!"

"But he has a point. I mean, she is worth a lot of money," he contemplated, patting the plant. If he left, if he sold her, maybe he'd be able to help Audrey.

Neither man registered what the other was saying. Which was probably for the best.

"If he left me. If Seymour left me," he said in realisation, "why then I'd be back right where I started. Which was broke and starving."

"I could keep my options open, but... You've done so much for me. I'll always be grateful to you."

"Close to bankrupt..."

"What to choose?"

"...beset, befuddled, and bereft!" He turned to face the other man. "That's what I'd be if Seymour left."

"Maybe I should stick with the shop," he said, content with his decision. Loyalties were more important than money.

"Seymour!" Mr. Mushnik called out, holding out his arms, walking towards him.

"Sir?" He stood up in confusion, close to recoiling from this gesture.

"Seymour..." Mushnik placed a hand on his shoulder. "How would you like to be my son? "