Plant freak pt 4

Plant freak
Anonymous

Chapter 4

Notes:

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

Chapter Text
On Monday Seymour was in the science room again and was taking care of the plants he kept there.

They're were starting to look worse then before. He's knows he shouldn't be so worried about plants, but he can't help it. It's his passion.

"Maybe I need to switch to a different plant food." He says to himself as he examines the leaves on a dusty miller plant. Some of the stems were wilting.

Suddenly the door opens and he sees one of the Assistant principals walking in with another student. It was Orin.

"You are going to be staying here for the next three weeks during lunch Mr. Scrivello."

"Three weeks, are you fucking serious?"

"Watch your language and would you rather be suspended again?" Orin glares at the man and mumbles no under his breath. "That's what I thought. Hopefully if you're lucky Seymour will be nice enough to keep you company."

Both of them look over to the younger boy and Seymour shyly looks down, he's praying that Orin won't take his anger out on him when they're left alone.

"But I wouldn't be surprised If he didn't, especially how you treat him. I will be sitting outside near the door. You can eat lunch and maybe do some studying. You say you wanna be a DDS, then start acting like you want to by stoping the foolishness that you do or otherwise you'll be some homeless drug addict."

The principal gives Orin one last glare before going out the door. "Asshole." Orin mumbles. He goes over to the table where Seymour is sitting and puts his lunch tray down on the table.

"How's it going plant freak?" He mumbles.

"U-Um Fine. Why do you have lunch detention?"

"I got caught smoking, but it wasn't even weed it was a normal cigarette. God I hate this damn school." Orin then flicks a pea off his tray and it landed in one of the potted plants making him snicker a little.

"Please don't do that." Seymour ask with a pleading look that made Orin feel a little guilty for what he just did. "Sorry." He says quietly. "This food sucks." He then says while picking up a fork and poking a bland and soggy, meatball sub.

"They didn't even put cheese on this shit." Seymour looks at it and nods in a agreement. "On most days I don't eat here, that's why I bring my own lunch."

Seymour reaches into his bag book bag and takes out a light blue lunch bag and unzips it. He takes a sealed Tupperware and opens it.

"I also stoped using paper bags and plastic wrap, um...after the last time." Orin knew what he was talking about, the time on Friday where he made Seymour drop his lunch and it got stepped on.

"I'm...sorry about that too."

"It's okay."

Orin knows he definitely doesn't deserve Seymour's forgiveness. Seymour might actually be the only one who accepts an apology from him, most people don't.

Seymour takes the lid off the Tupperware and Orin could see the perfectly packaged lunch in the there.

The main square has what looks like two decent size falafel wraps and the two little square spaces had cut strawberries and one has pasta salad.

Orin's mouth was watering a little. His thoughts about the food were interrupted by Seymour speaking.

"You want to be a DDS?"

"What?"

"A DDS, Doctor of Dental Surgery. You actually want to get in to dental care?" Orin sighs, but nods "yes, okay? I want to be a dentist."

"Why?"

"Well for one, I can get a lot of money and I just think it's a cool profession and I don't know....maybe I can help people in a way." He mumbles the last part.

"You actually want to help people?"

Orin glares at him and Seymour shrinks back a little. "It's just that you don't seem to be the type to want to be a dentist. I thought you would want to be a basketball player or do motorcycle racing and stunts."

"Trust me the last time I tried doing a stunt on my motorcycle, I ended up in the hospital with a broken arm and had three stitches."

"Oh so that's what happened to you last year." Orin nods again. "Hey I told Audrey that you apologized to me." Orin perks up a little from hearing that. "You did? what did she say?"

Seymour bites his lip a little and nervously tugs at the sleeve of his sweater. "Well...She has a very colorful vocabulary."

"Wow..Seymour I'm sorry if she took her anger out on you I should of gone to her-"

"No, it wasn't directed at me. She apologized to me about what you did and she said a lot of unfriendly things about you."

When Seymour went to Audrey, telling her that Orin apologized, she went on a rant about her ex-boyfriend and how she couldn't believe that he'll tell Seymour to tell her that he apologized just so he can get back into her pants.

Her exacts were words to Seymour were "Seymour you don't have to accept that rat's apology if you don't want to, especially if he didn't mean it."

Orin puts his face in his hands and groans. "God damn it. Why I'm such an idiot?"

"Audrey asked the same thing about you to her friend."

Wait. Did Seymour just have a generally funny smartass moment?

The more Orin thought about it, the more it amused him. He actually started to laugh a little and Seymour looked a little confused.

"So you do have a sense of humor, plant boy." Seymour gives a small smile. "Thanks. hey do you want some of my lunch?"

Orin shakes his head. "Nah man, that's yours."

"There's enough for the both of us. Plus it's the least I can do after you bought me food." Seymour takes one of the two falafel wraps and holds out towards him.

Orin hesitates before taking it. "Okay, but just the wrap, I'm not sharing slice fruit and pasta salad with you."

Seymour smiles some more. "Okay." He says before picking up the second wrap and taking a bite and Orin does the same.

God it's so good. He didn't expect seymour to be a good cook. "You made this?"

"Yeah, I learn how to cook last year, I'm still an amateur, but I had to learn because Mr. Mushnik is always going out late and leaving me by myself in the shop and I got a little tired of fast food for dinner."

"That small apartment you live in, you just live there by yourself."

"Yeah, it's lonely, but I still have my plants to keep me company." Orin rolls his eyes. "There's more to life then plants, Seymour. Also why the hell does that old man act like such a dick to you?"

"I-It's my fault. I-I'm really clumsy and sometimes I mess things up. I don't do it on purpose though."

"Of course you don't dude. Hey Seymour."

"Yeah?"

"Do...Do you wanna maybe hangout after school or something?" He's actually expecting Seymour to say no and he wouldn't be surprised if he did.

But to his complete surprise, Seymour nods and says "sure, where do you wanna go?"

"How about to the movies?" Seymour nods again in agreement. "Sure, I'd like that."

Orin then reaches into his book bag and pulls out a CD player. "Wanna listen to some music while we sit in this dump?"

"What CDs do you have?"

"I have The fray, fall out boy, the killers and Green Day."

"Green Day please." Orin takes out the CD from his bag and puts it into the device. He then takes out some ear buds. After plugging the earbuds in and turning on the CD player, they're sitting quietly and enjoying each other's company while listening Longview by Green Day.