Little shop of homos pt5

Little Shop of Homos
Kewl_Kid

Chapter 5: Chapter 5 -Controversy

Summary:

Seymour's attempt at breaking up with Orin (on Audrey's behalf) doesn't exactly go as planned

CW: There is a scene that depicts Seymour cutting his finger to feed his blood to a hungry plant, but it focuses less more on the preparation and the after affects (blood is discussed/referenced quite a bit). The incision itself is not described. There will be asterisks (*) in front of the potentially triggering passages. There's also a few allusions to abuse, some things bordering on outright stated, but no descriptions of it. Regardless, enjoy the gay :)
Chapter Text
Orin was late.

Audrey had told Seymour that Orin usually arrived around 6:30 on Fridays to pick her up for their date. It was now 7:13, and Seymour was getting impatient. He wasn't mad at Audrey. He was pissed at Orin, and Seymour was ready to make that clear.

He kept running over his lines. Throughout the day, whenever there had been a moment to spare, he'd spent it drafting his speech to Orin. Considering he had never made it past high school, he was very proud of it.

As the clock hit 7:15, he went to his room to check on Audrey. To call it a "bedroom" would be deceiving because that implies the existence of a bed.

When Mr. Mushnik took him in as an orphan child, he used to sleep under the counter. But as he hit puberty, he outgrew his sleeping spot. And that's how he ended up with his own room. It used to be a storage cupboard before Mr. Mushnik reluctantly moved everything to the back room.

It wasn't the most spacious, but it was home. There was no way to get a proper bed through the door (not that Mr. Mushnik would ever buy him one), so Seymour settled for a blue sleeping bag. The hard wood floors felt freezing cold in the winter, but he had learnt not to complain about stuff like that. He was used to putting himself in awkward situations to avoid confrontation.

But as he saw Audrey patiently waiting, he knew confrontation with Orin was the only option. He wasn't going to sit by and watch her suffer any longer. Maybe he was a pushover before, but not anymore. Instead of just settling for a sleeping bag, he would demand a proper bed from Orin! Maybe he was stretching the metaphor, but his point still stood.

Audrey sat on top of his sleeping bag, reading one of the many gardening books he stacked up as a makeshift bedside table. As her eyes landed on Seymour, they filled with a hopeful wonder he dreaded crushing.

"Is he gone?" She asked in excitement, trying to look through the door behind Seymour.

"He hasn't even shown up yet." The look of disappointment that washed over her face was worse than any kind of pain he'd experienced that week. Which was saying a lot considering the week he'd had.

"O-Oh, right..."

"But when he does," Seymour continued. "I'll tell him where to stick it."

She laughed half heartedly, but the slight smile lingered. "It's not too late to back out, you know."

"I know. But I won't." Seymour wanted to confront Orin on Audrey's behalf, but also for his own purposes. He needed to confront him. To do his own break up. His attraction to Orin was bad for everyone. It was an unreciprocated pit of guilt in his stomach, and he needed it gone before he could really be a good friend for Audrey.

"Just, tell me when he's gone," she said. "And thank you."

"It's no problem, Audrey. You'd do the same for me."

Audrey smiled, picking the book back up. Seymour to this as an invitation to leave. He closed the door behind him, heading back into the main area of the shop. As he did, however, he found that while he had been gone, Audrey II had begun to wilt.