Little shop of homos pt 9

Little Shop of Homos
Kewl_Kid

Chapter 9: Chapter 9 - Contemplation

Summary:

After an awkward dinner, Seymour takes out the trash. He chats with the urchins before things get tense with Orin
Notes:

Would just like to apologize for how horny Seymour is in this chapter. He just decided to do that. Enjoy :)
Chapter Text
The restaurant was lovely. Seymour was close to calling it fancy but... This was Skid Row. Nothing here was nice. Unless you counted Audrey.

She looked very nice tonight. Pretty, even. She was wearing a beautiful floral red dress with matching lipstick. It was moments like these where Seymour was sad he wasn't straight. Don't get him wrong, Seymour didn't mind being gay. It was just that, well...

Audrey was perfect. In every way. She was kind, beautiful, kinda smart sometimes. They got along so well. And she liked him. Well, probably not anymore. Seymour imagined that his orientation pointing in the other direction was a bit of a turn off.

Regardless, it would be easy for him to fake date Audrey, because he did  like her. Just not in that way. In another life, they would be in love. They could live happily together in a small house with a picket fence.

But Seymour didn't live in that lifetime. He was in this one. One where he was gay and crushing in his fake girlfriend's ex. Maybe he should switch life times...

"Krelborn!" Mr. Mushnik said, clicking his fingers in front of Seymour's face.

"Oh um, yeah?" Seymour replied, shaking the last of his day dreams away.

"I was askin' how this all happened."

Seymour looked towards Audrey. It was obvious that he was going to take one for the team on this question. "Well, uh... About a week ago I, I confessed my true feelings to Audrey."

Those feelings being 'I'm gay' .

Audrey nodded. "And then he helped me break up with my ex."

Mushnik almost smiled. "When are you two gonna move in together?"

They both froze. "Huh?"

"Well, you were living with that dentist guy, weren't ya? And Krelborn's a bit old for the storage room." He took a sip of the wine. "There's bound to be a nice place around the block you two can call home."

"Oh um..." Audrey looked flushed as she fiddled with the hem of her dress. "W-We haven't exactly talked about it yet, but--"

"We'll start looking real soon!" Seymour said, mostly to get Mr. Mushnik off their case. But also because, wouldn't it be nice to share a flat with a friend? To have an actual room with a real bed? And to share it with his best friend? That sounded like a dream begging to become true.

"Good, good," he replied, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Now that the shop's getting busy, we could use the extra space."

"We sure could."

Mushnik stood up. "I need to take a leak. You two just chat till I get back."

They both waited for him to be out of eyeshot before taking a sigh of relief.

"I thought he would never stop!" Seymour laughed.

"Right? Where is he getting all these questions?" Audrey's laughter died down as an apology fell from her lips.

"I'm sorry for forcing this on you," she said sadly. "Especially since, y'know..."

There was an obvious hint of "because I still have feelings for you" in the air that Seymour failed to pick up on. Instead he just limpened his wrist, assuming that's what she meant. He wasn't entirely wrong, so Audrey smiled.