The Plan

Y/N POV

I woke up feeling Carnage take over again. He walked my body to the front desk and returned the key. Once we were outside he took over and started to feed himself. I hated every moment of it. These were innocent people who had lives of their own. To Carnage they were just a meal. As the day went on we ran around town. When it was finally time we made our way to the prison.

I walked up to the front gate showing them my press pass and explained the story that Carnage had given me. The guards escorted me to Kassidy's holding cell. They told me I had five minutes with him before his execution and I would be escorted to the room to watch.

"Well well well if it isn't the lovely Y/N. I've heard so much about you. You know I've read you work and I almost like it as much as I used to like Eddie's. I'm glad my friend made sure to get you here in one piece." I frowned at him.

"Why did you want me here?" He smiled at me and reached out to touch my face. I could feel Carnage slipping between us.

"I have made a bit of a deal you see. You are going to be my fiancée's maid of honor! My nest man isn't to eager on the other hand so you will be what gets him there. My other groomsman will be happy to see you. You know he has put a lot of effort into getting you back. He was eager to make a deal with me once we realized we had a common enemy."

Right as Carnage was almost fully out of me I could see into Kassidy's mind. He was thinking of a girl. Then a visitor he had. Right as I was about to see the face it changed into the scene of one of his killings. I jerked myself away as he laughed. I felt so much weaker. I probably had enough energy to stay conscious for a couple more hours.

"You know I never knew about that trick. But I'm glad you showed me the fight you had with our Eddie. It might make things more difficult but I'm sure the other guy will make him come." He smiled eerily as I stumbled away trying my best to not show that anything was wrong.

I made my way to a bathroom locking myself in. I looked through the contacts on the phone. It was from the company and I rarely used it so the only saved number was the office. I couldn't remember Eddie's number no matter how hard I tried. I was so exhausted from Carnage that I could hardly think. The only thing I could think of was to search his name online hoping I would find something useful. Nothing in his most recent articles, he never checks his email. Then I saw a story from about a year ago.

Journalist Eddie Brock gets blacklisted after Life Foundation scandal involving leaked information from lawyer Anne Weying.

I knew that name. That used to be Eddie's fiancée. I searched her name and found her business number. I dialed the number as fast as I could.

"Hello you've reached Anne Weying's office how may I help you?"

"Is this Anne?"

"Yes who's speaking."

"You don't know me but I work with Eddie. I know things went bad with you guys but I really need to get a message to him and I don't have much time. I need to ask what does the word symbiote mean to you?"

"Wait you know about Venom?"

"Yes. Listen Eddie and I got in a fight last night because of another one. I didn't know at the time but there was one with me. Kassidy has a symbiote. I don't know what he has planned but it can't be good. I'm at the prison right now they said something about Eddie being Kassidy's best man? Just promise me you'll tell him."

"I will but who are you?" There was a loud knock at the door and footsteps walking in. A female guard's voice range out.

"Miss Y/n, the execution is about to start." I ended the call and walked out of the bathroom. "Ma'am you don't look well are you alright?" I put on a fake smile.

"Just that time you know?" The guard chuckled and lead me to the room. The victims' families were all there. I turned on the camera on my phone as one of the family member's turned to me. "I'm so sorry for your loss. I hate that I have to record this but it's for the records." The mother nodded tearfully.

Venom's POV the night before.

I can't believe Eddie. I know something is wrong with my nibble. She would never act this way towards us. I know how she feels. No one can hide their thoughts from me.

As I made my way towards her place there was a party full of people in costume. I changed into my true form glad I did not have to hide. I was given so many complements. I was distracted as there were so many people being so nice to me. Eddie was rude to me. I don't need Eddie anymore. I'll just keep switching out. It will be fine.

Many hours later.

I dragged myself into Mrs. Chen's shop.

"Hey I will not allow drunks in my shop. Go somewhere else."

"I am no drunk! I need CHOCOLATE!"

"Venom? Weren't you with Y/n earlier? Why are you in this...bum?"

"She was here? No I was not. Did she say anything about me?"

"She said she was talking to you. She said you were cranky."

I grumbled feeling this body growing weaker. I looked to Mrs. Chen and swapped out.

Eddie POV present time.

I grumbled being woken up by my phone. I reached over and grabbed it sitting up half awake. The name that popped up jarred me awake.

"Hey Annie! What's up?"

"Eddie I just got a phone call from a Y/N? Something is seriously wrong."