He's Back

Y/n's POV

     I couldn't have gotten back at a better time. As I walked in the door Kas had her phone in her hand. She smiled once she saw me.

     "I'm glad you're back, our ride is just five minutes away." Joe walked in with their bags. I smiled at the two giving Kas a huge hug.

      "You better text me the second you touch ground you hear me Kasandra." She laughed and nodded.

      "Don't you get into anymore trouble before we get back okay? But at least I don't have to worry about you making drunken calls to your crush anymore." My face went red as she laughed. I hit her on the shoulder. I helped them get their things into the car and watched as they left for the airport.

Are you alright Nibble?

     "Yeah I'm okay V. I'm just glad they came to visit. I missed them..." At that moment a van pulled up. I felt V tense as I warily stepped back. The passenger door opened and a somber Eddie stepped out. I sighed in relief. That would be the last thing I needed. For someone to snatch me up.

No one is taking you from us. V growled in the back of my mind. Eddie realized I was there and gave a small smile. We walked inside together.

     "I'm guessing it was bad?" I asked as I sat on the couch. Eddie sat down before laying his head in my lap, a sad look on his face.

      "They were in worse shape than Maria..." I felt a wave of sadness wash over me. It wasn't my own. It was Venom.

     "Carnage...he has no restraint. With Maria I tried to do as little damage as possible. She was a good person...."

      I could see this Maria in the back of my mind. Looking back at memories that weren't my own. She was trapped, burning from the inside out. I felt a tear run down my cheek.

      "V...you really are upset about all of this. You couldn't help what happened darling..." I tried to comfort the symbiote as he manifested into a small blob in my hand. Eddie looked up at me. His eyes held sadness in them that I had never seen.

     "They kept asking me if I had any idea about what happened. I said I had no idea but in reality I know exactly what happened Y/n. They wouldn't believe it if I told them. I want to help but I can't..." I couldn't help but tear up slightly. I held my boys close as we all tried to calm down. My mind went back to what the girl said in the hospital.

     "He shot a girl that looks like me...she said he had this look of pure rage when he didn't. She would have died if she didn't have fast reflexes. He aims for the head..." My hands started to shake. I let out a broken chuckle. "I made friends with the detectives. They were very nice. Cute couple too." My voice shook. I didn't even notice that I had started crying until I felt a hand on my cheek. The pain and sorrow was gone from Eddie's eyes replaced by what I could only describe as warmth. V pressed himself against my forehead.

      "We are never going to let anything happen to you. We promised remember. And we never break a promise." I smiled a little as I wrapped my arms around him. Them my phone started ringing.

      After a short phone call I ordered an Uber to go to the animal hospital. Hercules was ready to be released. It was a thirty minute drive. The only reason we had got there so fast before was because of Venom. I leaned over on Eddie letting myself finally relax. V linked between us before I dozed off.

I was in the diner. Eddie was there too. As I stared at the food on my plate I heard a gun shot. I looked up to see Franco in the doorway. A man fell to the ground gripping his shoulder. Franco and I locked eyes. He looked at me rage burning away at him. He fired but I couldn't move. It was coming straight for my head.

"Excuse me you two. We are hear if you would like to get your dog." The driver said as he stared back at us. We quickly got out of the car walking towards the door.

"Ah miss y/n. Give me five minutes and I'll have Hercules right out." Eddie turned to me placing his hand on my cheek.

"Y/n...did you have a nightmare?" I nodded looking at the ground. "I could feel your nerves rising in the car. We aren't going to let anything happen to you remember. No matter what we are going to protect you." I hugged him tight.

"I love you guys."

"We love you too Nibble" My face flushed hearing their mixed voices. I had to be the luckiest person on earth. I heard a bark and got knocked over by Hercules. He licked all over my face as I sat up hugging him.

"We could tell he was worried about you last night. Until we gave him some pain medicine he wouldn't stop pacing about. You said he was your service dog, right?" The vet smiled down at us.

"Yes sir. I have really bad panic attacks and he helps me calm down. Even while I was worrying about him he still couldn't stop doing his job." I smiled wide looking at my dog. "You have a lot of treats waiting for you at home my sweet boy." He wagged his tail and barked. We walked out and Eddie put Herc in the back of the SUV. We got in and enjoyed the ride home.

//an hour later//

"Are we sure that Joe doesn't have a symbiote?" I asked as I looked in my refrigerator.

"Why do you say that?" Eddie asked concerned. Hercules was asleep on his new bed covered in a new blanket I had bought just for him. V skunk around the corner.

"I didn't smell one..."

"Well he ate almost as much as you two." I laughed and looked over at them. After getting Hercules back we were all in better moods. Jack had called to tell us that we didn't have to come in tomorrow as the police had to look over our footage and writing before we could put anything together. We got some takeout delivered and it wasn't long before I started struggling to keep my eyes open.

      "Well I think it's time to go to bed. Our nibble is exhausted." Eddie picked me up and kissed my cheek with a smile. My face blushed bright red.

       "Don't get me all worked up...I'm too sleepy..." I yawned as we went to my room.

Do you like when we call you our Nibble?

      "V don't you get started too. Come on sleep now and we can do that in the...morning" As we got in bed I laid on top of Eddie. I felt something and chuckled. "Well maybe I can stay awake for this."