Awkward Incounters

Y/n's Pov

     "Hey baby won't you look my way I can be your new addiction~"

     I groaned slapping my hand down on my alarm. Why did I have to drink last night. Oh yeah, I had a major anxiety spike. Slowly sitting up, I grabbed my phone checking to see what I had missed. Four missed calls from Kas. Guess I called her last night. But I don't know why she would call me back. Oh gods I called Eddie. Oh no I hope I didn't say anything stupid. I can't remember a thing. Well fuck.

     As I slowly dragged myself out of bed, Hercules made his way over to me. I scratched his head lightly before heading to my bathroom. Today was going to be an...odd day.

Eddie's pov

The annoying beep of my alarm woke me up. I slowly got up to look at the clock. Maybe I should just start setting my alarm on my phone. I could use my music.

Just like Y/n does. Ooh remember sexy back. That was fun.

I felt my face flush as I thought about that. She was so excited to show me her favorite movie. Then she fell asleep. The next morning she was on top of me...fuck. She wasn't trying to do anything but damn did she look good. I pulled myself out of bed making my way to the shower.

Are you going to tell her?

"What do you mean tell her. Tell Y/n, my partner at work, that I have feelings for her? That I find her very attractive? That you and I both would do anything for her?" There was a moment of silence.

No I meant the phone call.

"Shit. I forgot about that. It's probably better if I do I mean you heard her. She was drunk..." I sighed. "She might not have meant it V."

Didn't you say it's easier to say the truth when you're drunk?

I smiled at the thought. If Y/n did have feelings for me I would be ecstatic. She's the only person I've thought about like this since Anne. Maybe I should tell her. Not yet. I need a plan. Something romantic yet peaceful. I mean she's had a very stressful time since she got here. For now I'll just keep things the way they are.

So you are going to keep pinning over her when you have heard her say she likes you?

"...Shut up. I'm doing this for her okay," at least that's what I was telling myself. After getting dressed I quickly hopped out on the fire escape V helping me down to my bike. This morning I was going to be the one to get coffee.

Y/n's Pov

I yawned as I walked into the office. It took me a little longer than normal to get ready today. Maybe it was my nerves since I didn't bring Herc along. But I'm going to do better today. After all I just have to do some research. Research about one of the most dangerous people I know. If I can even find anything. I was tense as I walked into the office. I closed the door behind me and let down my guard.

"Good morning y/n! Coffee?" Eddie's voice rang in my ear. I looked up and saw one of V's tendrils holding out a large mocha. I couldn't contain my smile.

"You are the best Eddie Brock. This is why I-" I cut myself off before I let out my secret. "Why I am so happy you're my partner!" I said with a cheesy grin. He snorted as I sat down. Why the fuck did I almost say that. Felt easier than I thought it would. I glanced over at Eddie to notice the slightly pink tint on his ears. "Is there something making you flustered Eddie?"

"Why'd you ask?" He replies with that head tilt that pulled at my heart strings.

"Uh your ears are pinker than usual. Oh ignore me I'm just over analyzing. What do you have to work on today?" I quickly changed the topic.

"Oh I just have to write out my article. Then I just have to plan for when I-"

"When we go on patrol."

"You two do patrols?" Every time I learn more about them it just makes me more and more curious.

      "We do yeah. I have to think about where and when and how. If I'm going to go full Venom or not. Thanks what I have to plan." They had to put so much detail into this. More than I thought they would. I looked at the clock and sat down.

       "Time to get to work I guess." I sighed looking at my computer as I felt my nerves tense up. So much so that I jumped out of my chair when my phone went off. It was a message from Kas. Oh no she's probably pissed at me for not answering the phone again last night. It was a Snapchat. A photo of a plane and a ticket that read San Francisco.

        "Holy. Shit."

        "What what's wrong? Is it Franco?" Eddie asked as his face twisted with concern.

        "No no. It's my best friend from back home. She's coming out here to visit!" My brain couldn't decide whether to be excited or terrified. I have no idea what I said to her last night. For her to come out here on such late notice. "Eddie I may have to borrow your bike..."

A/n
Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long since the last update senior year is kicking me in the ass. I hope you all had a happy holiday (if you celebrate) and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!