Interests

Y/n's Pov

"What got you into journalism?" Eddie asked smiling at me. I thought for a moment. Well I can't say that he was the one that got me into this. After watching his videos I fell in love with journalism.

"W-well I had a professor that assigned a project for our final exam to my class. We each to pick an issue then give a faux news cast about said issue. It was really fun! I had to watch a lot of videos to get my information but it was honestly really fun!" I didn't need to mention that the videos were his.

"What was the issue?" He asked.

"Homeless in the Big City: Where are they Going?" I smiled as I remembered the title I gave it. He chuckled.

"I did a few reports on that I think. Then I found out where they actually went," his face fell as he looked at his hands. Venom poked his head up from the to-go box of fajitas.

"Really? Where were they?" I asked genuinely curious. He gripped his hands together. "If you don't want to talk about it then that's perfectly okay Eddie."

"No no...it's just been awhile since I've talked about it. Well at least to anyone but V. Carlton Drake has found these homeless people who had thought they had nothing to lose and brought them in. He had them signing papers they don't understand and used them. To experiment with the symbiotes. He wanted to see a person and the symbiote reach symbiosis. But they were all incompatible so the person would die and another would be brought in." He never looked up from his hands. "I saw them...they were in pain or freezing to death or in heat that is incredibly high for the human body...I just wish I could have saved them."

"Eddie...I'm so sorry," i placed my hand on his shoulder. His body shook slightly. He looked up at me with sadness in his eyes.

"They shouldn't have had to go through that. Just because they were on the streets doesn't mean that he should have treated them like lab rats." Venmo's voice mixed into Eddie's as he grew more emotional. I pulled him into a hug trying to calm him down.

"You couldn't have known before you got there. And by stopping Drake, you saved countless others from falling to the same fate." We sat there for a moment before he looked up at me. I blushed as I pulled away slightly embarrassed. "I-I'm Sorry you just seemed like  could use a hug." He stared at me for a moment before chuckling.

"It's okay Y/n," Venom went back to eating and Eddie looked at his food. "Damn it V I needed to eat some of that too!" I laughed at their antics. Eddie quickly ate his food and laughed at Venom. The symbiote grumbled and looked at me and made a face that I could only asume was a pout. Reaching over to my side table, I pulled out a drawer and grabbed a small box out of it. The box was full of tiny candy bars. I handed an unwrapped bar to Venom and he ate it with glee.

     "Eddie Y/n is very good," Venom said after eating the chocolate.

     "I have to hide them from Herc so I keep them in this box," I said putting it back. Eddie chuckled at the now sleeping dog. "I guess we should write those interview questions now huh."

     "Guess so," Eddie said grabbing a small notebook out of his pocket. Then we got to work.

- Five hours later -

     "Aaaand done! That's the last question we need right?" I asked smiling. Eddie nodded looking a bit tired. Venom was sitting on his shoulder staring at Hercules as he slept. After we finished working on our questions for Nick Kroll, we had started looking at our combined knowledge on Cletus. It took awhile but we got everything we needed for Eddie's interview with him. I got up and stretched wincing slightly at my stitches. Lifting up my hoodie, I made sure they were still intact. I looked at the clock. 5:30.

"Eddie you know you don't have to stay right? I mean it's not a problem I just figured you would want to go home and eat and rest at your own-"

"We want to make sure we are safe Y/n. You have already been injured once today." Venom interjected. Eddie nodded. Then my stomach growled very very loudly.

"Ven how many times have I told you not to growl at people's dogs," Eddie grumbled looking at Venom.

"That was not us Eddie," Venom growled at him. I chuckled rubbing the back of my neck.

"Sorry about that. Hey uh how about I make something for us to eat. Your choice. I might have to walk to the store though," I suggested with a smile. They had been so kind today. It was the least I could do for them.

Eddie's Pov

She was so sweet. Offering to make some food like she hadn't thanked me enough. I couldn't help but smile.

Eddie you are rambling in your own head.

"Oh uh yeah that sounds great. How about...cheeseburgers? And maybe fries or tator tots?" I suggested. That's an easy meal. Hell if I can make it than it shouldn't put her through to much trouble.

"Sure! There is a nice general market down the street I can run to and get everything I need." She said grabbing her bag. "Herc you want to go for a walk?" The dog jumped up happily. She grabbed a leash and a vest that said service dog on it putting it on the dog. "The owner is really nice and gives him treats. Want to come with us Eddie?" She asked.

"Sure thing. It will be good to stretch my legs a bit after all that writing."