New Partner

So here's a quick guide for this story.

Bold is Venom
Italics are thoughts
Bold italics are Eddie and Venom speaking at the same time

Y/n's pov

     "IIIIIIIIIII. I'm hooked on a feeling!" I groaned as my alarm went off. As I sat up, I thought about what was about to happen. Today was my first day of work at one of the most popular news stations in San Francisco. After the Life Foundation scandal, there were a few new jobs that had opened up and I took the opportunity that was thrown in my face.

I got up and got dressed. Business causal for the first day. Which wasn't far off from my normal clothing. I decided on a cute black long sleeve top followed by a blue flannel. Then for my lower half I went with some of my nicer jeans and some black boots. I put my y/hc hair in y/hstyle and grabbed my pack to leave. Hercules, my St. Bernard wagged his tail as I pet his head before leaving the flat. The dog walker should be there soon.

I live about fifteen minutes from work at walking pace. I grabbed a quick cup of coffee and a second for my new partner. The email I had gotten gave me no information about them. Not even a name. Hopefully we will get along great. As I walked to the gigantic building I stared up in awe. Then i walked in.

A friendly face greeted me as i walked in . It was the lobby guard.

"Welcome! You must be Y/n. I'm Richard the lobby guard. Here follow me I'll lead you to where-" he was cut off by a man walking in after pulling up on a motorcycle parking in front of the door.

"Richie! My man," the man said. His face looked awfully familiar. But I couldn't put a name to his face. He smiled laughing as he tossed Richard his keys.

"Eddie c'mon man you know you can't park there," Richard said with a sigh. It seemed like this was a recurring event.

"How's the college girl doing? She's brilliant that girl! MIT!" Eddie said walking off with a smile. He mumbled something to himself before getting in the elevator. Where have I heard that name before. I didn't go to school with an Eddie...

"Sorry about Eddie. Ever since getting his job back after the Life Foundation incident he's been his usual happy self. Feel bad about him and Anne though. Anyway let me grab your press pass and name tag and you can head on up." Richard walked off for a moment before coming back with my new name tag and pass. The Life Foundation scandal...Wait.

"Was that the Eddie Brock? The Eddie Brock who discovered Life's human testing?! That Eddie Brock?" I said very surprised. He seemed very mellow. Richard chuckled.

"Sure is. Now you better be getting up to your new partner. He's a handful. Goodluck," He smiled as I walked off carrying the two coffee's and my ID.

      After going up on the elevator, I wound up at Jack's office. However there was someone in there already.

     "What's all this new partner stuff about Jack?" I heard a familiar voice say before I knocked at the door stepping in.

     "There she is. Now I can introduce you two. Eddie this is Y/n a new reporter and your new partner. Y/n, this is-"

     "Eddie Brock. You were the one that brought down Life Foundation. I had a bad feeling about that place from the start," I said smiling being completely honest. He looked at me for a second then his face lit up.

     "Oh wait I know you! Your the Y/n that made a report on the serial killer Cletus Kasady," he said with a beaming smile. I blushed slightly. Jack looked at us and chuckled.

     "Well since you made that report, you can combine your knowledge with Eddie's. He just got an exclusive interview with him. Go to your new office and do so," he said motioning is out of his office. Eddie chuckled.

     "That's Jake for you. Here let me show you to our new office." Eddie said as he started walking.

Eddie's Pov

     This so called newbie was the Y/n that I watched on some streaming site for news. Her writing skills are phenomenal.

Sounds like you know her well. You have a bit of adrenaline going now.

     "I uh here. I figured I would grab you a coffee. I hope you like mochas. I figured if my partner didn't like them I would just drink it myself," she smiled so genuinely as she held out the coffee. I felt my face flush a bit. Partly because she was so kind. But that smile. It threw me for a loop.

Your heart beat is accelerating Eddie.

     "Sh-shit," I said correcting myself. I couldn't just tell V to shut up our loud now. "I mean I love mochas. Chocolate is my favorite food group." She laughed at that. I felt my face heat up again.

The coffee has chocolate? We like this girl Eddie.

     "Yeah...I mean thanks a lot Y/n." I said taking the cup drinking half of it in one gulp. She chuckled a bit smirking to herself. "What?"

     "I just can't believe Eddie Brock, the notoriously cut-throat, ender of Life foundation can be appeased by a large room temp mocha," she said smirking. I smiled and chuckled.

We definitely like her.