Chapter Twelve ~Heart Monitor

Chapter Twelve

Heart Monitor

Ray’s POV

It’s twelve thirty in the morning; I sat in the waiting room of the hospital for Mikey as they gave him and examination. Mikey told the doctor that the panic attack happened randomly and that he wasn’t sure what or who caused it, which I know was a total lie because he looked at me and gave me a face as if I was guilty or something. I don’t care as long as Mikey was alive and breathing properly.

I was tired, on the verge of sleep; the doctor asked Mikey if he wanted me in there while he was getting check out. He said no, I guess just in case the found something bad in his lungs or heart and he didn’t want me to worry too much.

As soon as I was about to shut my eyes, the doctor came out, he had to be in his 40’s, he had on a white pharmacist coat with a name tag that reads “Dr. Rimaz “ and his black hair was smooth down. He looked utterly tired and very rude. He gave me looked at me with a stern face and said “Mr. Way is going to be fine, he just had a little scare that made his heart rate rise….”

I smiled to the good news and stood up “So he can go home now right?”

“Uh…yeah you can…I recommend that he stays overnight since this is a rather serious matter…but he can leav-“ I cut Dr. Rimaz off

“Whoa whoa whoa wait…very serious? How can a simple panic attack be serious?” I asked. Mikey gets panic attacks all the time, how is this one any different from the others he has.

“Well you see Mr. Toro sir, Mr. Way has a lot of stress that’s been on him lately which may be causing pressure on him. I’m afraid of what his little panic attacks will cause if this keeps going on. It could lead to a heart attack or a stroke…so if he is going home, he needs to wear a heart monitor bracelet around his left arm just to alert him that he is pushing it and needs to calm down. He has to come back to me in two days so I can review his monitor and remove it from him. The monitor will alert him if he gets to stressed, angry, or a little too excited. Is that okay Mr. Toro?”

I looked away, the words Heart attack, and stroke stuck out at me, I didn’t know Mikey was that seriously ill. If I knew that then damn…I don’t know what I would do. All I know is that if he dies I die with him.

“Mr. Toro…” Dr. Rimaz repeated, “Oh yeah Dr. Rimaz …that’s fine…I mean shouldn’t you be telling Mikey and not me?” I said, getting a little annoyed with him excluding Mikey from his own health problems.

“Ah yes well I wanted to assure it was okay with you since you brought Mr. Way in and I don’t have his medical record or anything so I just wanted to ask you first since you are his well one of his guardians.”

“One of his guardians…I’m sorry doctor but with all due respect Mikey is not a child and he doesn’t have Guardians…Treat him like he needs to be treated…like an adult…Don’t tell me what he needs, you tell him what he needs, he knows his body better than I could ever know. Now stop being so damn retarted and go fix my bo-my friend thank you!”

Dr. Rimaz looked at me with wide eyes. “I-I’m sorry I offended you sir, it was really plutonic…I will go fix your friend right away.” He said, looking at me kinda confused and walking back into the room.

I sat back down in the chair; I was so tired that I could feel I wasn’t in any mood to fuck around.

~

The car ride back was at first generally quiet. It was just me and him; we had to drive about over 700 miles to get back to the hotel. The only hospital they had was down in the country side. Gerard, Frank, and Bob thought it would be better if I only went to get Mikey because they didn’t want him to be too stressed out. I turned to Mikey, he looked relevantly tired as fuck and a little aggravated.