Chapter Sixteen I Need You Now!~

Chapter Sixteen

Mikey’s Pov

I Need You Now!

~2 days later~

Waking up in a hospital with tubes coming out your body and learning you have been in coma state for almost three days is bad but its worst waking up in a hospital alone, well not alone but feeling lonely. When I woke I was surrounded by caring nurses, doctors, family, and friends. Friends included Frank, Jamia, Gerard, Lindsey, and Bob. There was no sign of Ray or Christa anywhere.

I couldn’t remember anything prior to the week, Gerard said I had a really bad panic attack that almost caused cardiac arrest and now I have to get my heart checked on. But what I’m more worried about is what caused the sudden almost deadly heart attack I had. The doctors said that it’s normal for me to have slight memory lost for a while and that it will start coming back to me eventually.

The band and their girlfriends stayed with me for a while to make sure I was okay but then the doctor told them that only one blood family member had to stay and the rest had to leave so Gerard volunteered to stay the night shift for me.

“You will be fine Mikey okay, the doctor said your first heart test is tomorrow and if they find anything blocking your arteries or anything unusual then they will have to result to surgery. But if they do then it’s going to be alright. I seriously doubt they will find anything, your boarder line healthy…healthier than me I know.” Gerard said to me to give me a little insight on what’s going on.

I turned away from him in my hospital bed, “Gerard…” I started; I could tell he was looking at me because I felt him put a hand on waist. “Yeah brother?” I sighed hoping he knew the answer to what I’m about to ask. “…Gerard…Where’s Ray? Why isn’t he here with you guys?”

Gerard reached over and grabbed my hand gently…”I don’t know where Ray is, But I’m sure he’s alright…We are still trying to reach him okay…Don’t worry just lay back and go to sleep kay”

I nodded my head and gave a pity smile; I hope Ray is okay I mean it would kill me if he was hurt or dead somewhere. What if he was ignoring me? What if he doesn’t want to see or talk to me that would hurt worst.

~

I laid in the hospital bed, I couldn’t sleep at all the thoughts that haunted me was how did my simple panic attacks get so bad and where Ray was. Ray has ALWAYS been with me during a panic attack, and he always successes with calming me down, so why isn’t he here with me right now?  I wish I could remember what happened I wish that I knew what I did wrong.

Gerard stood outside in the hallway, he was on the phone with someone but I don’t know who…he didn’t seem too happy at all; actually he looked angry which for Gerard is strange. The only thing that makes Gerard angry is when someone insults his girlfriend, touches his eyeliner and when I drink all the coffee supply in a day. So it was kind of strange seeing him yell and scream in the phone as if he wanted to kill someone.

Eventually he came in the room and I quickly pretended I was sleep.

“GOD DAMMIT RAYMOND WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU?!?!?!...” I heard him yell, kicking things and pacing around the room.

He soon sat down in the chair next to me and looked at me; he stroked my cheek slowly and sighed. “…My baby brother needs you right now Ray” he said in basically a whispered.

He moved back in his seat quietly and flipped open his phone again, dialing a number and calling it. The phone volume was a tad bit loud and I heard the humble voice mail of our lost Ray, Gerard sighed again before closing the phone and slamming it down on the table by him. He closed his eyes and lay back in the seat, going to sleep somberly.

I’m starting to get worried about Ray, it’s apparent that we haven’t seen him in two or three days and its bothering me so much that I can’t remember anything up to the point where…I kissed him in the room…Wait, maybe he’s mad at me because Christa found out, maybe I ruined their engagement and he’s angry at me for that…That makes sense right? Maybe it does to me because I need an excuse for it too.

~3 more days later

Today I have my heart surgery, I’m afraid…afraid they might find something medically wrong with me. Still I sit with a calm demnor expecting the best.

When the doctors did my test they noticed a blockage in my heart that maybe causing my attacks, so they thought immediate surgery was needed.  

When I woke up I saw the doctor sticking a needle into Gerard’s arm, drawing blood for my procedure. I was about to laugh at Gerard’s face that looked like he was about to be sick himself. He was never too fond with blood…or needles and it was always hilarious to me when he squirmed around like a child.

“Mikey it’s not funny! I wouldn’t be doing this if it wasn’t for you, you know!” He said trying not to notice the big sharp needle that was pricking his arm.

“Yeah true and for that I thank you BUT it’s still hilarious Gee” I responded barely able to keep from mocking him.

“Mhm yeah okay, I’ll remember this when you need my blood to survive again Mikey!” He said, wincing from glancing at the pool of blood and the evil butterfly needle that punctured in him.

“Mhm yeah and I’ll also remember that mister grown up Gerard needs to use a butterfly needle, used for children afraid of the pain instead of the normal adult sized needle!” I joked on.

“Shut Up and go to sleep Mikey!” he said, flicking me off with his other hand.

Few hours later~

Everyone is around me, watching me and praying for me because they’re just as much afraid as I am. Everyone except Ray and Christa, still I’m struggling with what I did wrong and how it got to this.

 Gerard, Bob, and Frank along with the girlfriends all stand above me, they are all here with me to give me strength and encouragement, but it really doesn’t mean anything without Ray.  He’s supposed to be here, with me to protect me. He’s my good luck charm and without him I feel unlucky.

It pisses me off that he can just run away and forget about me like this…like he doesn’t even love me. I’m starting to wonder if he ever loved me, if I was just a pawn in his game of amusement.

~

An hour later it was time the doctor has called everyone out so he could examine me privately by my on extent and move me to the ER. Still hoping for any sign of Ray, I nodded and lay on the bed. Gerard came up towards me and assured me that he and the rest were outside if I needed anything. I nodded to his assuring measures and watched him go out the door.

As I watched them enter the hallway, I noticed Gerard’s facial expression changed from worried to angry. I started to see him yell and scream at something that was beyond my view, something or someone.

The person or thing started making his way over to the window I was staring out and was almost in view until the doctor pulled the curtain closed and slide on the knock out gas that took admitted effect as soon as it hit me, I was out cold.