Chapter Fourteen Secrets~

Chapter Fourteen

Secrets

Ray’s POV

We got it the car and drove away. The car was really quiet and Mikey looked pissed off or tired, I was afraid that he was mad at me or changing his mind about what he thought of me.

“Mikey, are you alright?”

“ I’m fine Ray…” he said, his eyes full of remorse and guilt. He crossed his arms around his chest and turned back to the window. I sighed noisily and brought my eyes back to the busy road. A few seconds later, I felt Mikey’s warm lips on my cheek, leaving behind a prickly feel of attraction.

“I’m fine…I swear..” he said again, giving grin full of bitter pity that despite all the hostility and resentful lies it held, it warmed my heart and made me smile too.

~~

We got back to the original hotel and saw Bob and Frank sitting outside on the steps. When they saw us pull in, they stared, whispered something to each other and ran on the tour bus.

“Oh god this is going to be bad….” Mikey said looking at them.

“Don’t worry, if Gerard says something then I’ll take blame.”

Mikey was about to say something but stopped himself when I gave him the shut up look and nodded.

~~

Me and Mikey climbed aboard the bus and felt all eyes on us. Frank and Bob’s eyes were full of worry and also mocking us as we approached a fuming Gerard.

The room was quiet and awkward…”Um…Hi guys…” I said, trying to break the mind numbing silence in the room. Frank snickered and waved at me, Bob just looked me up and down with pity.

“Frank, you and Bob take the rental car back to the company, for we can get on the road before night fall.”

Frank nodded to his orders and grabbed Bobs arm “You guys are in trouble…” he said before snickering again and closing the bus door.

Gerard turned his attention back to me and gave me a death stare that scar my soul and made me nervous.

“Ray…Mikey…where the fuck were you guys all fucking night…WE WERE FUCKEN WORRIED SICK!!!” he said turning his attention to his anxious little brother who was now blushing.

“We…we…” He started to say before Gerard put out his hand to Mikey’s face as if to tell him to shut up, and turned to me saying.

“Mikey hush…I want to hear Ray explain!”

I sighed and exhaled all the nervousness, “See…Gee…we got out the hospital around 1:00 or 2:00 am and we…Well me, I was tired of driving. Mikey, if you haven’t noticed…can’t drive and I was swerving on the road so I decided to pull over at a small hotel and get some rest. That’s all that went down okay.”

Gerard grew skeptical, “If that’s all that happened then why didn’t you return our calls? I called over 40 times I know!”

“WE DIDN’T HEAR THE PHONE RING! We were sleeping Gerard!” Mikey argued back

“Yeah…I g-guess I didn’t hear the p-phone ringing and didn’t a-answer it gee…I’m sorry…” I said, rebounding on Mikey’s point.

Gerard walked around me and Mikey in a circle, studying us and looking at us to see if one of us breaks down or says something different. He knew we were lying, he knew…Gerard always knows and yet we still try to fool him.

“Ray, I known you how long…since the end of high school right”

“Y-Yeah…”

“Yeah, so I can’t easily tell when you are lying…it’s not that easy to fool me Toro…Just tell me the truth, I won’t judge you! Beside I’m not moving this bus until I hear the honest to god truth!”

I sighed, turned to Mikey and shrugged. Mikey gave me a simple nodded and looked away to the ground.

“Well, Gerard...The honest to god truth is…Me and M-Mikey…we kinda…maybe…Sl-sl…”

Before I finished, I heard my phone ring and pulled it out of my pocket to look at who was calling, it was Christa…wonder why she’s calling so late in the day, she has work right now…I turned to Mikey who quickly grew frantic when I showed him who was calling. Finally I looked up at Gerard, who was giving me a deep evil eye and tapping his foot on the ground in a pissy rhythmic beat. I put my phone on mute, whatever she wanted could wait. I looked at Mikey who was at first tease but relaxed when he saw me put the phone away. I smiled at him and looked back at Gerard, who was still looking for a reply.

“Me and Mikey…we slept together…maybe…I don’t…remember…WE DIDN’T INTEND ON IT I SWEAR!!! It’s just…Kinda happened…” I said, ready for Gerard to go off.

Gerard surprisedly smiled…he SMILED?!?! But then he tried to hide it with seriousness.

“You DID!?! *Cough*…that’s not good Ray…you have a girlfiend, A GIRLFRIEND that loves you, you can’t sleep with Mikey that’s like…cheating and plus I believe Christa is perfect for you, I mean I don’t know” He said throing out mixed emotions towards me.

I frowned and looked to the ground…I do love Christa but I think I love Mikey too…My god I’m confused. I sighed and closed my eyes, “Gerard I know I cheated…I love Christa and I want to be her husband…well I wanted to….To be honest I don’t know what I want” I reached for Mikey’s hand and grabbed it tightly “But, right now I feel specially connected to only one person..” I continued, he looked at me and blushed, smiling big…bigger than I ever seen him smile. He squeezed my hand and shied away again.

Gerards smile spread far past his lips as he said.

“Fine Fine Fine I accept whatever this is but there are rules to this Mikey and Ray thing, One you got till the end of our tour to decided what you want…that gives you 48 hours, Two you have to tell Christa no matter what you decided. I love Christa she’s so sweet, and I would hate if she found out and was heartbroken. Three you have to tell Frankie and Bob! Four you can NOT tell anyone I allowed this, Lindsey would KILL ME! And most importantly number five…Don’t break my brothers heart Raymond…it’s fragile”

He said smiling, bringing both of us into a huge hug.

I laughed out loud and kissed Mikey hard on the cheek, “Deal Deal fucking deal” I said smiling then moving over to Mikey and whispering “Mikey, I love you…” He turned to me nervously and pecked my lips slowly…

“I love you too Ray…”