Chapter Eighteen I Don't Love you~

Chapter Eighteen

I Don't Love you

Mikey's self conscious~

The way he looks at me, the way he acts around me is so different now. It’s so…distant; it will never be the same. He doesn’t trust me, he doesn’t…love me anymore…has he ever loved me? I doubt that he didn’t. There was a time; a time before Christa…I can honestly see it in his eyes, the love for me and only me. He used to look at me as if I was gold…that was before Christa…now he looks and treats her like a queen on her active throne, and me like a peasant. Lord if I hadn’t allowed myself to get out of hand, to trick him in to loving me again all this wouldn’t be happening…If I hadn’t introduced him to Christa that day, we might have been together. The reason I did that was to shadow our feelings for each other. I was scared to love him; he made it so easy, willing and free…but I was scared to love a man, to love anyone.  By the time I accepted, he loved someone else. Someone beautiful, smart and can give him the life that he deserves; One with a child, a child that he has always wanted since we were boys in high school. I love that man and if there were a way to make him happy, it’s by letting him be with his true love…Christa…

Flashback~ (Five years earlier, Junior year in high school...in the hallways).

“Hey Ray, I’d like to introduce you to my little brother Mikey”

“Hi Mikey, nice to meet you” *Ray extends his hand out for Mikey to shake it. *

“Um…Hi” *He looks away from Ray, he looks at the hand shyly and ignores it*

*Ray takes Mikey’s hand gently and properly shakes it, smiles and says*

“Nice to meet you”

*Mikey looked up at him and smiled bright, blushing a little*

*Ray laughs and turns back to Gerard*

“Gerard your brother is so cute and he seems like an amazing person”

*Mikey blushes and gives him a nervous smile*

Flashback~ (Two years after high school, at a lake house in canada)

“Mikey! Stop playing! Mikey *Laughs*”

“Calm down Ray, I’m just kidding! *Giggles* I’m not going to push you in, I know how you are about…water”

“NOT WATER! Drowning in open bodies of WATER!”

*Mikey grabs Ray’s hand an leads him to the lake*

“I’m not going to push you in, i’mma bring you in with me and hold you close to me and you will be safe okay”

*They both start walking*

“WHAT?!? MIKEY NO! you cannot bring me in there! I mean its dirty and deep looking. I CAN’T! I REFUSE!”

“Ray…”

“And you are too skinny and small to save and support me if I start drowning!”

“Ray!...”

“I’m almost 130lbs and you’re merely 95lbs, what if I slip? And fall and can’t come up for air!!”

“RAY!!!”

“WHAT!!” *Breaths heavy*

“Look down..*Smiles* we’re in the lake!”

*Ray looks down and notices he is in the middle of the lake, waist deep*