35

There were people screaming and fleeing for their lives while the sound of breaking glass circulated all around the place. Hazel turned her amulet into a staff in order to use it as a non magical weapon. Sorcerers always use magic as the last resort when it comes to non-magical threat in public. Her eyes scanned the location and followed the fighters in black clothing and white faces. Jogging to their location, she witnessed a man and a woman, one being the bus fighter, brawling with the fighters on wooden sticks by the construction site. The woman caught the sorceress and her eyes glimmered with hope.

"Dude, look! It's a superhero!" She pointed and waved a hand. "Hey girl! Over here! Rescue us!"

She was just about to do just that when a voice called from behind her.

"Stop." A man commanded. She turned around, his face masked by the shadows of the lightless room. "He is my long lost son. I am simply trying to get him back home,"

"Prove it." She demanded. The man reached for something in his pocket. The two cried for her help, tempting her to act. She clenched her fists. Before she could rush to their aid, he threw her an envelope. Inside, was a picture of him and a younger version of the man. She frowned and tilted her head. "Yeah, that checks out. Pretty strange, but who am I to judge?,"

"Hey, dude?! We could really use your help!" The man called for her as two of the fighters showed up on each of his sides. She cringed at this, sighed, and stepped closer to the edge.

"I know I'm gonna sound like a dickhead, but I think it's best if I didn't interfere!" She put both her hands around her mouth. "It's...not really my area and this seems to be your destiny, so...uh...bye! Sorry, good luck!"

The man and woman screamed in protest and she exited the premises. She covered her face in shame while leaving and made another portal to Pentadilune.

She was greeted with an enormous palace made of marble, patterns with the colors of grey, beige, blue, and red forming an intricate and luxurious look. The floors were shinier than gold, a gigantic crystal chandelier displayed at the center of the room. Leading to a staircase, was a walkway that was above crystal clear waters with a marble bottom, the torches by the arched windows glistening on the water. On top of this staircase, were three thrones made out of gold, two being significantly larger and higher than one. The place smelled of flowers and wet grass.

"There! She's here!" Makky pointed at the girl as the portal closed.

Heskit stood with a middle-aged man who had a toned build and a stubbly beard, his hand on his shoulder. His hair was the same, silvery, ashy brown as the prince's. Though still handsome, he looked more robust than the prince, who had a more dashing appearance. There was a woman in gold embroidered robes who looked to be the same age as this man. She had piercing grey eyes and chestnut hair, her eyes were fierce and skin, pale, giving her a clean-cut and regal look.

"Your Majesties, Your Highness." She gave another genuflect and bowed her head this time. The two gave her a quick genuflect.

"The attackers?" Makky questioned and raised an eyebrow with his chest out.

"They didn't come for him. I'm sure of it." She revealed to them, and they all relaxed their posture while sighing in relief. The queen put her hand through her son's hair with a growing smile while the king chuckled in glee. There was a warmth to their relationship that warmed her heart, and deep down, stung it. "You're safe and have nothing to worry about,"

"Master Wolfe." The king's husky voice echoed around the spacious palace. He opened his palms to her. "It is an honor having you here. We are grateful for the protection you have given our son,"