6

The feeling and scenario that she was going through was something she hasn't experienced until her fight with her sister. The frustration and anger made her clench her fists, but it also made her eyes well up. She couldn't go back to Stephen; she didn't want to let him see her like this, but she had nowhere else to go.

"Hazel?" Ned's voice echoed through the halls of the hotel room and her head snapped up. "Are you...okay?,"

"What? Oh, I'm fine." She quickly wiped the tear that hasn't even rolled down her cheek yet. "I was just yawning,"

"Where's Peter?,"

"He's out doing...stuff,"

"What stuff? Like...school stuff?" Ned was cautious about his questions as to not spill his best friend's biggest secret.

"No, just...just life stuff," she mirrored his intentions and tone.

"Do you know his secret?," he whispered and travelled closer to her and she nodded. "Tell me then,"

"No! Why would I tell you? What if you don't know?,"

"What if you don't? Give me a clue,"

"Uh...tarantula?" She shrugged and watched his eyes almost double in size. She gave him an amused smile in return.

"He said I'm the only one who knows aside from May!" He thought out loud and gasped. "Unless...no! No!"

He was tugging on his hair and she watched him have a small breakdown. Her posture stiffened up and she was clearly uncomfortable.

"Are you a superhero? Wait- are you with...with Strange? That's the doctor you said you were with!,"

"Shut up, no I'm not,"

"I can't believe this! I've met two superheroes in my life!" He shook her hand furiously and looked like he was about to cry. "It's an honor meeting you! Wow, can I-can I hug you?,"

"No,"

"Okay." He pulled back quickly and tried to recover from the emotional rollercoaster he had just experienced. "So...what are you doing here? Why aren't you...you know, with Peter?,"

"Yeah, what are you doing here?" MJ's voice echoed in the dark and the sorcerer almost pulled her shields out as a result. "Sorry, I just heard noise,"

"Oh, then...I should probably go now, people are trying to sleep,"

"Wait but what about Peter?" Ned brought back and she stopped in her tracks. Her face showed miles of conflicting ideas and emotions. "Hey, since you're already here, why don't you come upstairs? You look like you need some rest."

MJ offered her room up as the hosting one and the three were sitting on her white, fluffy bed with thick sheets that weight down.

"Ugh it's been so long since I've laid down on a bed like this." She almost moaned and hugged the blanket. "Stephen insists on using regular beds to stay grounded, whatever that means,"

"Aren't you, like, super rich?" MJ tilted her head in confusion and amusement as she watched her appreciate the sheets.

"Oh, it's weird. I spend a lot of my time in monasteries but now I've decided I'm going to fight for a bed like this if I have to." She stretched out and sensed the eyes already traveling up and down her body. "I know, you think it's weird, I get it,"

"No, no!"
"I mean yes," Ned and MJ said together, so the boy slapped her arm. "What? It's true! That doesn't mean it's not valid,"

"Huh." She sat up and hummed at her response. "I've never heard that before. People always make fun of me for it or treat me like I'm an outsider. They just don't understand, you know?,"