38

Hazel locked eyes with the younger, fox haired man in question. His smirk grew even more complacent as he started to approach them. His father quickly followed, Heskit unconsciously pulling her closer as Makky appeared beside the prince. The truth is, she's drawn to him, but not exactly in a positive way. It was the same relationship a fireman had with a big flame.

"Miss Wolfe." The younger man greeted. He was green and brown-eyed and had the picturesque good looks that seemed to run in the family. His eyes were piercing and hunter-like, while his father had a muddier brown and blue gaze, his face filled with frown lines and his features settling into a natural frown. "Tal,"

"Yomer." The father added and they knelt. She gave a deep bow in return. He looked at Heskit from head to toe. "Heskit, Makky,"

"Yomer, Tal." He didn't even try to hide the disdain. Anyone with half a brain would be able to tell there was some kind of tension between them.

"I see you still require a guard around you." Yomer had a contemptuous tone while Tal crossed his arms with a teasing smile. "And now, you're having Miss Wolfe teach you combative magic. It seems as though your family is going through great lengths due to your...how shall I say it, youthfulness? Lack of experience?,"

"Well, we decided it would be wise to have the best of the best around us." He countered and gave a fake smile. "You never know when there are snakes lurking."

There was a silence that they exchanged. Hazel felt like she shouldn't be there. She leaned back a little to catch Makky's attention, as if to ask: 'are you seeing this?'. He gave her a look that hinted some kind of drama, and she got the impression that this has been going on for a long time. Tal eyed her up and down and took notice of her confusion.

"Miss Wolfe, I've heard of you. If I had known you looked the way you do, perhaps I would have requested for your company before he had." He trifled with her and had an almost predatory gaze. She tilted her head at this.

"I wouldn't have accepted." She smiled. "He didn't ask for me because of that, he asked for me because I'm a master of the mystic arts." Her tone turned sharp. She straightened her back even more.

"So he hasn't slept with you?" He bluntly questioned. Heskit let go of her arm and almost lunged at him, Makky putting his arm around the man to stop him—how dare he. She let out a humorless laugh. There was a look of satisfaction in the father and son's faces when they cracked the prince. "He really is eager to improve on his skills, then! Good for you, you have a lot to prove,"

"And what are you trying to prove, other than cockiness isn't always charming?" She challenged and interrupted the man before the prince could respond. He squinted his eyes, offended.

"I have nothing to prove." He shrugged and regained his composure. He looked at his nails to pass off as indifferent. "I'm excellent in combat, mysticism, and combative magic. After all, what's the use of knowing both, if one can't combine them? Am I right, Miss Wolfe? I have actually mastered mysticism in areas that others are too afraid to explore, which means that—,"

"-God, why can't people just be talented, nowadays?" She was droll in her delivery, and she rolled her eyes. Heskit and Makky smirked at this, Yomer grumbled and clenched his fists.

"I was simply being honest, presenting facts,"

"Since we're being honest, I don't like you." She bluntly informed him, unprovoked. There was not a single sign of fear or regret in her appearance. The two scoffed at her nerve. She looked in between them, through them, as if to show them that they were invisible to her.

"Well, I suppose we should leave you to it, then." Yomer touched his son's arm to lead him to the back and take their leave. He bowed to them. "Makky, Heskit, Miss Wolfe,"