19

"This might come as a bit of a shock, for you. It was, for me." Strange warned as he unwrapped the bloody bandages around her hands and revealed her wounded skin. Hazel inhaled sharply and gathered her sanity while he anticipated for a reaction.

"They'll heal." She thought out loud and he agreed, but she said it for herself. It was better not to look at them, so she took another snappy breath to lift her spirits and stood up from the chair.

Her body was able to recover from the days of starvation, and blood returned back to her cheeks. She felt better, too; her legs were much stronger, her head was lighter, and energy was back in her body. It was mostly because Stephen insisted she'd eat three meals a day, had enough water, and rested well. It was almost irritating for her; the mystic arts is second nature to her and he'd always catch her whenever she was about to practice it.

"Do you know what- woah." Hazel stopped walking when she came across a mirror; she hadn't seen a mirror since before Havoc.

It was like she was staring at another person. Hazel was still there, but this was...a better her. She was just a little bit taller, her skin grew more luminous, cheekbones more prominent- the healthier complexion helped, too. If she had known she'd end up like this, then she never would have casted the spell.

"Yeah, and wait till the others see you." He commented and stood behind her in the mirror. He had gotten used to adult-Hazel now, and it was almost exciting to see how Kamar-Taj would react. "You were saying?,"

"Oh, right." She shook her head slightly with a laugh. "Do you know what day it is?,"

"It's a Wednesday, if I'm correct-,"

"Wednesday?!" She perked up and her eyes rounded in surprise. "I have to teach on Wednesdays!"

She appeared by the Sanctum door and kicked it open, gliding past the enormous, twinkling globe. Before she could open the door to the hallway, however, the man stopped her.

"Hazel, you're in no shape to teach." He blocked the door with his body, but moved aside when she gave him a gentle push to the side. He sighed at her stubbornness. "Hey!,"

"Look: It may not have occurred to you, yet, but I'm a teacher now- remember? You left, and I'm technically a master?" She paced quickly and tried not to slip on the waxy floors, her voice shaking with her body. She turned to look at him briefly and shot him a friendly look, so as not to hurt his feelings.

"Yeah? Well, I'm a doctor and the doctor says no,"

"No,"

"No? You can't just say no, I'm a doctor!" He scoffed and blocked her way once again. He gave a small "woah" when he almost lost his balance. This time, she stopped abruptly and squinted her eyes at him.

"No." She continued and walked around him, then smiled at the sight of Wong approaching them. "Wong! Hi!,"

"Hazel! You're in a good mood, today." His face lit up and he gave a small chuckle. "Your current physical form...slipped my mind. It's quite shocking,"

"I've got a class to teach." She motioned to Stephen I'm hopes that he would second her stand. "And he thinks I shouldn't, because Stephen. Tell him he's wrong,"

"You're wrong,"

"Oh, come on! Wong, you've got to be kidding me-,"

"-I wasn't talking to you." He corrected and lifted his hand up. Hazel's expression shifted from a look of triumph to a flat one. Stephen smirked. "Your hands,"

"Will heal, and teaching isn't an aerobic activity." She rolled her eyes at the both of them and went to training grounds.

The students were all standing in their usual positions, chatting each other up, and filling the area with a light ambience. Stephen and Wong's protests conflicted with their laughs, and everyone went silent.